How can i use different plug in effects on seperate virus multi timbral channels?

• Hi,

Just been trying to get my head around my new virus ti2 desktop, so apologies if im making some very basic errors.

My problem is that once ive set my virus up to multi timbral channels in logic 8, whatever effects i put onto any of my channels in logic then effects all my virus channels. is there a way that i can isolate each effect to a designated channel of the virus?

Thanks
    matt

• You cannot put seperate effects on each multitimbral part.

The only way to do this is to render each channel to audio seperately and then put effects on the audio channels.

• This is done by

a) selecting the "multi output" version of the Virus TI plugin in Logic 8 or 9
    b) adding the additional outputs into Logics' mixer by creating AUX channels in Logic and selecting the TI plugins' out 3-4 and 5-6 as inputs for these AUX channels

This way you get 3 stereo outs from the plugin into Logic: the actual channel the TI plugin is loaded as an audio instrument plus these two AUX tracks (see above). You then can route the sounds in the TIs COMMON menu page to the different USB outs of the plugin.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Thanx for your answer.

What about the input track with VCC? How to pass the midi notes, automation for specific VIRUS parts? Do I have to use the multitimbral functionality or shall I setup Virus in a different way?

• What about the input track with VCC? How to pass the midi notes, automation for specific VIRUS parts? Do I have to use the multitimbral functionality or shall I setup Virus in a different way?

Send me an email to

support [at] access-music.de

and I can send you a set of screenshots which shows exactly how to set up the Virus TI plugin inside Logic. The plugin then is set up to be able to play more than one sound at a time and also the additional outputs via AUX tracks in the Logic are shown in the screenshots.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner