SYNC/LAG On Virus TI Snow. No Help Yet Received, Attempted on forum for 6months. Please Help !!

• VIRUS LATENCY IS VERY HIGH AFTER INSTALLING CUBASE 5 / WIN 7, SYNCING ISSUES ONLY AFTER NEW OS AND CUBASE. PLEASE HELP !!! (No Help at all yet!)

*Since I've installed cubase 5 and windows 7 my virus snow has had very bad latency and lag/syncing problems. I used to use it everyday for my music but now I cannot use it as all the timing of the notes are off. I am a very active producer and put alot of time and effort into it, these days I spend more time attempting to fix my Virus and to be blunt I should not have to.
    I have a lot of tracks that must be finished & my 2nd album which has been delayed for over 2 months. A major cause of this is because of the time spent researching online and emailing access with no reply, to try and fix the syncing/latency problems. I paid for it, and not to be rude. But i expect it to work when simply updating my OS and DAW version, or at the very least if it does not work-some support from official access team members of who i have private messaged 5, about 3/4 months ago without 1 reply. Anyway I just hope to get a reply and some proper help, I am good at computers and Sound and have tried countless methods to fix this but none worked. I need some assistance now.

It was perfectly fine when I was running cubase sx3 and Win XP
    Please help ! Ive done
    lots of forum hopping and tried other techniques nothing will help. I will check back daily for any help, hopefully from the admin's.

• I think you should start from the most simple setup and work your way up. Try to work without VC, by connecting the Virus to your soundcard using standard MIDI in/out, and audio in/out. Create MIDI lanes fot the soundcard's MIDI port, and record/draw notes. Don't forget to enable your DAW to record patch/bank change, knob MIDI CC and other messages from the Virus. If this setup works, we can move on to a more complex one.

• No assistance or suggestions again? Really? Please assist me this is urgent, Why have and spend that ammount of money on a piece of hardware for it not to work? VERY frustrating. Album is unfinished because of it, Under a lot of pressure. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

• No assistance or suggestions again? Really? Please assist me this is urgent, Why have and spend that ammount of money on a piece of hardware for it not to work? VERY frustrating. Album is unfinished because of it, Under a lot of pressure. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

please contact support by email. i'm a logic/mac user, i cannot help you much i'm afraid. our support personal is trained to help you and fluent on your platform.
    marc

• Please help !

I solved a few of the latency issues I had by doing these things (recommended by support and other users of the forum):

1. Bought PCI-e USB 2.0 controller card for dedicated connection to the VIrus TI. Wouldn't bother with USB3.0
    2. Bought new shorter USB cable
    3. Bought a 240V 10A power conditioner for studio hardware to connect to
    4. Updated to latest Virus TI OS
    5. Updated all PC drivers and installed that multi-cpu hotfix from Microsoft's website ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909944/en-us )
    6. Tweaked BIOS: Disabled all CPU power saving options (i.e. all that C4, C5, C6 power state crap and the other ones) and Intel TurboBoost®
    7. Installed all latest drivers for audio interface
    8. Joined several religions and prayed to all the different gods (this one I did without advice)

I solved the latency issues I had and the crackling/popping sound on USB direct audio outputs into Cubase with all of the above 'fixes'.
    I still have issues with the detune bug ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6KCI-u6A_w ) but all else is fine and stable.

I'm guessing you have done most if not all of the above steps to solve your issues, so I will pray to my several gods for you and cross my fingers and toes.

Regards, Jim.