Controling/Editing Two Virus Ti's on one Computer system ?

• Hi,

Is it possible to run Virus Control on one computer system, to control, and edit two Virus Ti's ? i.e. a virus Ti Keyboard, and a Virus Ti2 desktop, which are connected to one computer ?

Some feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Virus21

• My first guess would be yes, although I figure the tricky part would be knowing which VC plugin app is controlling which TI. I'd be interested to hear some feedback from someone that's tried this themselves also.

• Thanks for the feedback.

I am in the process of setting up my new home studio, and have a Virus Ti Keybaord, and a Virus Ti2 Desktop. I will connect both Viruses via USB, and see how it goes as far as using the Virus Control VST to control both, I'm guessing if I use two instances of Virus Control, each instance will control a Virus machine, hence I could use both Viruses, but.. Since it seems no one has tried this here (so far), I will post some feedback on this once I get my studio cabled, and running.

Cheers,
    Virus21

• you can use multiple Tis on one computer. each virus ti can be controlled by a dedicated instance of virus control.
    marc

Would there be any easy way of telling which instance of VC is controlling which TI? Will there be two access menus in the VST/AU menus? Will the VC's have slightly different names in our Daw? This is a general question which has had me pondering for some time, especially as I've started to use my Virus live more and more and with my Virus still being my go to synth for a lot of sounds, I can see myself buying more virus TI's in the future when finances allow. Sorry to overwhelm you with a list of questions. I'd really love to see this in action!

• you can use multiple Tis on one computer. each virus ti can be controlled by a dedicated instance of virus control.
    marc

HI Marc,

Thanks for the positive feedback :thumbup: Access Rocks !

One more question : When is OS5 going to be released :rolleyes: ? It's been quite a while since you announced this OS. Hopefully soon !

Cheers,
    Virus21

• Well... I tried to run two instances of Vcontrol VST (one instance each for my two virus Ti's ) I have a Virus Ti keyboard, and Virus Ti2 Desktop. both connected via USB directly to my PC , which is running Cubase 6.5 (64-bit). Windows 7 Pro. Unfortunately, this seems to crash Cubase. As soon a second instance of VC is instantiated. so far I had no luck in getting the two Viruses to co-exist on my system. I am currently using the Virus Ti2 desktop alone, and I have no issues, it's only when I have two Viruses and try to use two instances of VC to control both Viruses that the system crashes.

Any clue/solution to remedy this problem ?What do you recommend I do to fix this problem ?

Any 2 X Ti users doing this successfully ?

Some feedback/assistance in fixing this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Virus21

• Good News !

All seems to work fine now. I have a Virus Ti keyboard, and Virus Ti2 Desktop, both running smoothly as VST's in Cubase 6.5 !

I must have been doing something wrong earlier that caused the crashing of my system. All is Working Great now.

This is very good news for other Virus users who might be considering adding a second Ti to their system. I just want to confirm that it is possible to do this.

I now have access to a healthy amount of polyphony, great for layering parts to create big sounding basses, leads, and rich/dynamic pads, ...etc. etc. .

Cheers,
    Virus21