troubles for use the atomizer with ableton live 8

• Hello, i write you from south of france, sorry if my english is not perfect.
    i have troubles for use and understand the atomizer.
    So i have a TI Polar with ableton live 8 and a apc40 on mac. everything works perfectly. i really feel infected...
    but i try to use the atomizer without success.
    i tried to change the "midi/audio to", to route the sound in direction of the virus in the options in ableton, i really tried everything, the only thing i did not try is to insert a signal in the inputs, but it' s not that really interest me, because i do not have other machine, i do all my music with the virus and ableton live.
    i'm not sure to really understand what Atomizer is able to do(i don't mean the glitch effect, i perfectly understand how it works), and how i can use it with ableton live.
    can i use it on the patches of the virus? or does it just treat other signal coming from out? so can i plug the sound card of the computer for atomize all the sound going out of my computer?

can you help me a little bit please?

thanks
    gabriel

• can i use it on the patches of the virus?

The atomizer is used inside a patch. You can use other patches as input for it if you do some routing work in VC and your DAW. What atomizer basically does is to replace the oscillators with the input sound + glitch effect controlled by the keyboard. It then can be sent through the usual signal chain of the Virus so you can use it with all the effects.

i tried to change the "midi/audio to", to route the sound in direction of the virus in the options in ableton, i really tried everything, the only thing i did not try is to insert a signal in the inputs, but it' s not that really interest me, because i do not have other machine, i do all my music with the virus and ableton live.

When you send audio to the Virus (with or without the Atomizer), do you hear (or see the level meters) it play the sound back? If not, it is worthwhile to check if it is because no sound is getting there, or just because the config menu / input page parameters are set to block it.
    What I usually do when I use Atomizer or any other option of the input or vocoder modules, is to use a separate output for the specific input/atomizer patch (under VC's common tab), so that I can monitor both the Virus input and the patch output at the same time, and I mute an output if I don't want to hear it at a certain point.
    Hope this helps.

• When you send audio to the Virus (with or without the Atomizer), do you hear (or see the level meters) it play the sound back?

hello and thanks a lot for help me. :thumbup:
    Yes i hear the sound and i see the level meter.
    so i activate the atomizer in the virus then i put the "audio to" on Virus TI on ableton and the sound come in the Virus, the lfo's led illuminates with the rythm. i choose a atomiser example in the VC browser but when i press the keyboard i just sometimes hear a glitch effect and it does not cut the sound atomized, it just superpose them. even litlles "clics".
    do you think i need to use separate output for these sounds and reinject it in the sound card?

• i hear the sound and i see the level meter.
    so i activate the atomizer in the virus then i put the "audio to" on Virus TI on ableton and the sound come in the Virus, the lfo's led illuminates with the rythm. i choose a atomiser example in the VC browser but when i press the keyboard i just sometimes hear a glitch effect and it does not cut the sound atomized, it just superpose them. even litlles "clics".

As I wrote before:

What I usually do when I use Atomizer or any other option of the input or vocoder modules, is to use a separate output for the specific input/atomizer patch (under VC's common tab), so that I can monitor both the Virus input and the patch output at the same time, and I mute an output if I don't want to hear it at a certain point.

In more detail, in the VC window, while the part where the atomizer patch is loaded is the selected part, select the "common" tab, and then you have the option to select an output for the current patch. You can select from 3 physical outputs and 3 USB outputs. Since whatever audio you send into the Virus comes out of USB out 1 L+R, set the patch to output through USB out 2 L+R, and then in your DAW, mute the Virus out 1 track, and you will be able to hear the atomizer effects from the Virus out 2 track.
    Good luck.