Can someone please explain the science and method behind the depth of these sounds.

• Sounds like alot of Virus in the new fear factory record "The Industrialist". In this track for example, some of the virus which starts at 1:53... sounds like it has an absolutely HUGE stereo image in comparsion to the guitar... and then it comes back after that point every now and then. Does anyone know if I am doing the same style how I can increase the size of my own guitars to be even huger sounding than these ones? I double track left and right panned hare left anr Right just like Dino does here.,.. But how can I make my guitars sound big just like the Access Virus when it has those massive ring mods and stuff? Is there some phase trick? Or does it need to be run through some processor and if I do run it through one... such as the Virus or maybe my eventide, what kind of processing is required and do I treat each mono track of electric guitar separately? or do i treat the stereo bus of electric guitar as a stereo pair through the processing?

But I have no clue what kind of processing this might need. I do not believe it is tape. I believe this is done digitaly... but i dont really want the guitar "Effected" other thant made larger in size.

Here is the link and 1:53 is where the idea comes in where the Synth simply comes in bigger than the electric guitars.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Or maybe what i am asking is not possible according to the science.

• OK, two questions here: 1 - how to make a guitar sound huge, 2 - why can a synth sound even more huge than a guitar.
    How to make a guitar sound huge - and we are talking rhythm/powerchord here, not solo: My method is to re-track multiple times, not just 2. When recording, record pre- and post-FX at the same time, so you get the clean guitar sound as well. Now you can create different FX chains, run the clean recordings through them and bounce - and repeat that for as long as you can. Then mix everything (except for maybe a few tracks you don't like) back together. Spread the tracks evenly in the stereo field, not just hard left and right. Employ an EQ for each track to make use only of its beneficial frequencies and remove excess rumble. Finally, use some light delay or reverb to create the impression of a large hall, but be careful not to lose any explosive impact because of it. The result is like an army of guitars coming to get you.
    Why can a synth sound even more huge than a guitar - The guitar has physical properties that make its pitch a little bit unstable, the frequencies jitter a little bit. For example, from the moment of plucking the string, it goes to less and less extremes in its vibration, which influences the pitch like in frequency modulation (apart from damping the loudness). Also, the string rotates around its axis, not just above and below, but the pickup is able to detect only a small cross-section of the position information, which results harmonics coming and going and other effects similar to amplitude modulation. This instability is very subtle and it is what makes the guitar sound natural and interesting. A synth, especially a modern digital one, on the other hand can be extremely stable, it can sonically latch on to a set of frequencies and cut through the mix no matter what you put against it. Another thing is that distortion/overdrive effects, especially the ones made with or modeled after tubes, reduce a lot of high end, so maybe try to throw some fuzz into your mix and see if it helps.