• Marc has said that the entire Ti line will be able to upgrade to OS5. So, stay calm, there's no need to worry.

• I would say that most of us are more annoyed than worried.

Seriously, how many months ago was 5 supposed to be out?

• How dare they make you wait for a free upgrade, isaacanthony! How dare they!

I don't know how you got a Virus for free, but I paid $3k U.S. for mine about 4 years back.

If it worked rock-solid every time, I wouldn't have a problem, but there are still wicked-bad glitches in the O.S.

So bugger off if you think it's perfectly reasonable to pay that much for a synth and not expect them to fix shit in a reasonable time-frame.

I don't even really care that much about all the fancy upgrades, I just want the damn thing to work proper with whatever OS/DAW I choose to use.

• I didn't suggest I gotten a Virus for free, I also paid a lot of money for mine. Although I did point out that the upgrade is free, not many other synthesiser manufacturers would hand out so many free software upgrades.

It very often works great for me, and when I do come across issues they're mainly down to my computer system. Have you tried your Virus stand alone? Do you still get the same issues? You're still using the same OS. OS 4.5 is a very stable OS and any issues you're experiencing now I doubt will be resolved with an OS upgrade. I suggest you contact Access support about any issues you're experiencing, they're very helpful.

• I don't have any other synths with nearly the problems that the Virus has had.

Downloaded os5 the other day, almost instantly noticed, any knob that gets turned, virtually or not, introduces horrible clicking noises.

It seems like EVERY new os, it immediately doesn't work for me for some reason beyond my comprehension. NONE of my other gear has issues, including software that aren't dealt with almost immediately by the manufacturer.

• I don't have any other synths with nearly the problems that the Virus has had.

Downloaded os5 the other day, almost instantly noticed, any knob that gets turned, virtually or not, introduces horrible clicking noises.

It seems like EVERY new os, it immediately doesn't work for me for some reason beyond my comprehension. NONE of my other gear has issues, including software that aren't dealt with almost immediately by the manufacturer.

What other hardware synths do you have?.. i have 5 other hardware synths and they ALL have bugs of one form or another, including some that are in flagrant violation to the stated claims in the users manual.. and none of them get any ongoing support.. Only ONE of these synths (Nova) has seen anything like the support that the Virus has, and that of course ended a long time ago...
    As far as o.s.5 I suggest If you are so keen to avoid bugs you should not under any circumstances download beta software... bugs and errors are to be expected...