Windows 7 not installing USB Drivers

• strange thing just happend

opend VC in cubase like always, suddenly it told me no connection

now when open vc it still telling me this

when i want to reinstall the drivers os3.5 windows 7 keeps telling me driver can´t be installed

also tryed different usb ports

in win xp no problem, vc opens as normal same virus os, drivers

• Duh there are no win7 drivers available for almost anything. Just wait for the release! i can't even use all things on my Vista operating system (ok it's 64bit but still, windows 7 will be 64bit too).

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• Try installing in compatibility mode. If you are running 64bit version of Win7, there's no 64bit driver yet so it cannot be done. Latest public beta running fine here on Win7 32bit Ultimate.

• ok, well not going back to 32bit as i have 8gigabytes of ddr3 1600mhz, it would be a waste of my power and money to get back to 32bit. Then sequencer can do much more in 64bit and sounds can be even beter. ATM using real 64bit plugins from EAST WEST SAMPLES that are truely amazing sounding.

• and by that i mean

Load MORE thanks to 64-bit support**
    [*]64-bit support** allows you to load many more instruments and voices, limited only by your system RAM (32-bit support is included also)
    [*]While most high-end computers will support 16Gb, a very small set of high-performance enterprise computers (with Microsoft Vista Ultimate) can already use 128Gb of RAM. As hardware develops, the theoretical limit is 17,179,869,184 gigabytes = 16 exabytes, or 17 billion gigabytes!

Can load much more sounds, less compressed, etc.

• its Windows 7 32 Bit, Beta RC

the usual way i installed it was to press ok when it says your operating system is not supported, it intsalled the drivers anyway

it was working quite a while now, allthough VC is still very sluggish under windows 7

don´t know if it is a windows 7 or vc & unsigned drivers problem

• .and it would be a BIG help for everyone if Access puts out the drivers seperately, so you could install the drivers manualy

• marc i can understand why you are not supporting a Betaversion of Windows, but i hope this will change very soon for the final, because Windows 7 will be released in a short time

as i said, the driver could be released also without the VC Installer, that would be much more customer friendly

• yeah, vc is very sluggish in win7

my usb driver problem is still present in win7, it won´t let me install the driver

someone knows a method to force win7 to install?

• I have the Virus TI working seamlessly in Windows 7 RC x86. It's simple to install the drivers.

Firstly, run the installer provided 5.03.00. It will say that the driver installation failed.

Open Device Manager and find both of the failed devices... Update the drivers from Device Manager by pointing to: C:\Program Files\Access Music\Virus TI\Audiodriver ...

Windows will then ask if you would like to install the unsigned driver. Say yes. Do this for both the Virus TI and the Virus MIDI devices that have question marks next to them..

Bob's your auntie - Win 7 fun :)

• could install the drivers now, thx for that

but it´s getting stranger, updated to 3.1.0.0 new public version

now when i open vc it tells me:

"a version mismatch has been detected, the version of virus control is not compatible with your host

you need to launch virus control center"

in virus controlcenter it shows me the right os 3.1.0.0

??

• Also, the above method for solving the 'failed to install' problem didn't work either.

VC doesnt work and the virus TI midi driver doesnt work either (but im not sure that ever worked) - I installed it manually and it says 'device failed to start'