OS5 Beta Issues

• I am experiencing the same static over USB and am also getting sync errors. It does not matter whether I use the ti as the sound card or Audiophile 2496 or KRK ergo FireWire interface. Would roll back previous release but had other issues with the virusti audio driver and was recommended to wait for OS5 - could not select 128 samples without sound degrading hugely.

Virusti is plugged into own usb hub but problem persists even with no other USB devices plugged into the pc at all.

TI Polar
    Cubase 5 x64
    Win 7 x64
    Intel 3930k
    Asus p9x79
    32 ram

• I gave the beta another shot this weekend. Previously I experienced some light crackling with each patch played, which was enough for me to rollback.
    I was very deliberate in installing the os but still got the same crackly sounds.

1. unplugged the virus usb cable
    2. de-installed 4.5.3 through the control panel
    3 installed OS 5 beta,
    4 plugged in the virus,
    5. watched the update complete successfully
    6. restarted the computer
    7. reset the virus by taking out cables, power plug, and then pushing arp edit whilst plugging in the power
    8. started up cubase
    9. instantiated virus control
    10. played the first patch in os5
    11. still heard faint static and crackling
    12. tried the init patch and experienced the same

• 1. I also get the crackling noise, unplugging the Virus (USB connection) and connecting again makes the noise disappear.
    2. I get some weird latency while playing for a few seconds, hitting "Stop" button in Cubase ( Which is set-up to send MIDI /Controller reset) get it back to sound OK.

• its quiet simple something with the VST: cos when you start the VST the virus is a crackling bitch.

but when you connect directly without the vst the usb driver is stable and noiseless........

• Hi,
    since none of the Windows systems that we used for testing showed any of these problems i have made a list of questions for everybody who encounters crackling under w7/64 with the latest public beta.

The easiest way is to send us an msinfo32 system description.
    Just run "msinfo32" and save a system profile, zip it and send it to support [at] access-music.de

Alternatively you could answer these questions

1.Which exact version of W7 are you using?
    2. Which TI model are you using?
    3.Are you getting the crackles regardless if the GUI of the VC is visible or not? In other words-does closing the VC plugin window eliminate the crackles?
    4. What brand of graphics card are you using? Are you using the latest drivers for your graphics card?
    5.Are you getting the crackles if the TI is your sound card or if you are using another USB audio interface? If so-which brand and model of the audio interface are you using and are its drivers up to date?
    6.Which buffer size are you using? Does changing the buffer size followed by restarting your system eliminate the crackles?
    7.Which sampling rate are you using? Does changing the sampling rate eliminate the crackles?
    8.Which type of processor, motherboard and chipset are you using?
    9. Which version of the TI audio driver is shown in the Device manager?

Thank you for your cooperation!
    best
    Hans
    Access QA

• Thx Hans.

1 Win 7 Ultimate SP1
    2 TI2 Desk
    3 Crackles w/both
    4 Sapphire Radeon HD 7970. YES UTD.
    5 Didn't check under Virus Soundcard. I'm using a MOTU 2408mkIII and drivers are UTD.
    6 Tried all 3 settings.
    7 Tried 44.1 & 48 Both had crackles
    8 I7-3930k, MSI BigBang Xpower II Mobo, X79 Chipset
    9 Didn't check that before uninstalling.

Ftr, This is a custom built Workstation for Music only...iow, no bloat.

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416

• Thank you.
    I forwarded your answers to our development team.
    I hope we can get that feedback from anyone who is experiencing crackles under W7 so we can try to fix it.
    If you have the time it would also be very helpful if you could send us an msinfo32 system description. Just run "msinfo32" and save a system profile, zip it and send it to support [at] access-music.de

Thanks

• OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer INTEL_
    System Model KBIBX10J
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, 2926 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. KGIBX10J.86A.3206.2009.0805.1855, 5/08/2009
    SMBIOS Version 2.5
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
    User Name MRstudios-PC\MRstudios
    Time Zone Romance Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8,00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 7,99 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 16,0 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 10,4 GB
    Page File Space 7,99 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Name Virus TI Audio 2.9.43
    Manufacturer Kemper GmbH
    Status OK
    PNP Device ID MEDIA\VTIAUDIOADAPTER\9&18372739&0&ID01
    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\vtiaudio.sys (2.9.43.0, 50,38 KB (51.592 bytes), 4/06/2012 16:39)

• crackling rumors on background sometimes since i installed iOS5, and even more crashes than before (and i thought to solve crash issue by updating...wt?)

macbook pro 2011 8gb
    logic 9 (last)
    osx 10.7.4

2 usb connected, virus ti2 polar and a mou5

MacPro 4.1, TC Electronics Konnekt Live, Access Virus TI2 Polar, Waldorf Pulse, Roland TB3, Cubase 7.5

• I had Win 7 issues and could not get rid of the crackles at all (using USB sound), I reverted back to all sorts of version but nothing.
    Decided to post just in case this helps someone else:
    Win 7 says its using Virus TI Audio 2.8.45 in device manager but its all lies, its still using the dreaded 2.9 which is nasty.
    First uninstall everything from access
    put this line into your environment variables in windows 7 , DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES , set it to 1 (restart)
    now open device manager and select show hidden devices from the view menu, remove everything Virus related (I had some under sound, video etc... and other devices)
    bounce the system (restart)
    now install the older version (not 5) and plug in the virus, watch the install when you plug it in, make sure windows doesn't say 2.9 when its installing the driver or you may have to remove the vi files from system32 as well.
    thats it and it now works, it looks like its the 2.9 driver thats the issue, I am on 64bit and it has to thunk to rtas but still, its still just plain naff
    access - please spend some money and phone MS asking them how to uninstall all files from your uninstall routine, if this had removed everything then it could have saved me days....

• Some input from the Swedish jury.
    I got rid of the crackles this Friday just by setting the latency to 192 instead of 128, but playing feels a bit sluggish now and a lot more than 192 samples which in normal circumstances would be quite snappy...

EDIT:
    Sunday: the 192 samples latency change didn't do jack.. the same cracklesas before.
    256 samples seems to do the trick..