problem after OS5 update

• Hi!

I ve just installed the OS5 update, but i get errors in the sound, it sound harsh and noisy using virus control. I have tried to uninstall all virus software and did a re-install but the problem is still there. Anyone else have this issue?
    I am using windows 7

• I had alot of noise and crackling sounds after installing os 5.0.1

Also multiple sync errors when switching patch to patch.

I was able to resolve both by dropping my audio interface buffer to 128 from 256

My specs

3930k core i7
    Asus p9x79 ws motherboard
    Windows 7 x64
    Steinberg mr816 audio interface
    Cubase 6

• same here,
    1. crackle sounding.
    2. many times sync error's (not possible to work)
    3. after 5 hours of trying to re install the OS/5 beta, the OS/5 installer abort the install process if the Hardware is connected.
    if i install without connecting the Ti, the installation works But cant find the Virus. no chance to get it work.
    So i installed the OS/4.5.3 again and all works fine.

I think there is a problem with the Installer and the Audio Driver of the 5.0 beta version. :!:

Win 7-64bit
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
    16GB corsair vengeance
    Motu Ultralite MK3 64bit
    Cubase 6.5 64bit different buffer size tested.

• Whats customer suport email??

I too am getting a weird syncing thing with VC, its either always too late or early... I am 512, SMALL buffer... don't know what the problem could be on OS5

• first u uninstalled the 4.5.3 after reboot all hardware i installed the 5.0 beta. all sounds like a bitcrusher.

but the biggest problem is now that the 4.5.3 after reinstalling sounds bitcrushed too.
    all drivers seems to be ok. and that all on usb ports that was working fine on the all first installed 4.5.3 after purchase.
    problems are now since i tested the 5.0 beta.

i checked the versions of the usb.midi and audiodriver to be sure the drivers compare to the os and software (old and new ones )
    had disconnected all othe usb stuff without mouse and keyboard.
    now i am a owner of an really expensive bitcrusher synth

any idea ? :?:

• Thats a good description of what mine sounded like.

Before 5, i didnt have any problems.

Os5 sounded crackly, i lowered the buffer and the crackling noise dimished,

Reinstalled 4.5.3 And the virus sounded like it was severely bitcrushed

Only way i got back to normal was to do system restore to a time before i installed os 5

The deinstall instructions would blue screen my computer any time i tried to manually update the usb driver or plugged virus into another usb port.

• I've just bought a new Virus TI snow today and installed the public beta SO 5.0.0.10 and i got crackles
    how do i install earliest OS on the TI SNOW anyone knows?

Thanks

• we should check Windows/System32/drivers !!!
    becaus if we unintall or de-install the driver, mostly is the driver in SYSTEM32/driver not erased.
    so it coud be that one of two or more VirusTI Audiodriver be wrong.

• I've the same problem with my Snow.

I deleted all the virus control older instalations and driver but doesn't work reinstaling the 4.5.3

I'm on Windows 8 64 bit and before the f... os 5 update works fine everything :pinch:

• to eliminate the crackle problem on my comp was:

1.just set all parameters right. :D

1.starting cubase, change the ASIO device from soundcard to Virus Ti
    2.set the Sample Buffersize to 512, click ok.
    3.set the ASIO device from Virus Ti back to your Soundcard AND set the buffersize to 512 !!!

simply but i worked since four days to find out how to eliminate the problem after installing the beta.
    i work now on 4.5.3.00 again,

cheers !

• I get pretty much the same errors

win7-64
    6gb ram
    digi 003r
    ableton live 8.3

I seriously doubt the competence of the programmers at Access.

Almost every other software I use, the newest version fixes problems, then adds new features. It seems like these guys are so concerned with adding new features, they can't bother fixing the bugs already in the software.

• I also have the same problem with OS5 beta (crackling sounds and Sync error)

- I made a clean install but same result

What I have done.

- Unistalled the soft suite from thje uninstaller manager
    - Tried to uninstall the drivers 4.x (+deletation of the driver). Got a blue screen. After a reboot I could finally delete the drivers (from the device manager).

- I installed the OS5 beta + Firmware update OK
    - Changed the buffer size to 512 and put the application priority to "high".

- I Don't use the TI as a soundcard but a Roland Quad Capture.

->>> Cracking sounds are still there and Sync errors (whatever the buffer size).

I downgraded to the latest 4.x official release (+ Firmware downgrade) - Everything works as before.

My setup:
    Windows 7 sp1 x64
    Asus Laptop with Core I7 cpu
    RAM 16GB
    120 GB SSD Drive (for the OS) and a 500GB HDD USB3 drive for the soundbanks and Apps.
    Roland Quad capture used as soundcard (asio drivers)
    DAW : Live8 / Studio One
    Virus TI2 plugged on USB2 port (alone).

Hope it will help.

• we should check Windows/System32/drivers !!!
    becaus if we unintall or de-install the driver, mostly is the driver in SYSTEM32/driver not erased.
    so it coud be that one of two or more VirusTI Audiodriver be wrong.

On my Win7 system, these drivers in "file repository" cannot be deleted even though I am the administrator of this computer.

• The Virus ti must have the same buffer setting than your soundcard !!!

to find out, just change the asio driver from soundcard to virus ti, AND check the buffersize.

the ti worked with 128 + save buffer. and the motu worked with 512. ( wrong setting)
    so i changed the asio driver back to motu interface AND changed the buffersize to 128 !!!

if that all not works, CHECK IN WINDOWS SYSTEM the driver again, sometimes if you connect other mididevices the TI' driver is false.
    choose the AUDIO DRIVER 2.8.45 for OS 4.5.3 !!! NOT 2.9.43 !!!! tripple check them always after connecting other usb devices.
    if that all not works, disconnect ALL usb devices and firewire devices (mouse and keyboard for writing NOT)
    make restart, use a registry cleaner, make restart, connect a belkin usb, make restart, install virus ti, ( connect first usb to belkin, then the powercable)
    check after that the driver 2.8.45 for OS 4.5.3. make restart, if all drivers of virus Ti' correct and your pc can find the virus again, disconnect
    the TI from Powersupply and install the soundcard driver, restart again, connect your soundcard, install the rest of your soundcard, restart,
    connect virus ti, check the driver number again,
    turn off the onboard soundcard (realtek on asus boards)
    start cubase, and set the buffersize form motu to 128, click ok, change Asio from motu to Virus Ti, set buffer to 128+save buffer, click ok,
    change the Asio soundcard from Virus Ti' back to motu.

hope that will help.

• The Virus ti must have the same buffer setting than your soundcard !!!
    to find out, just change the asio driver from soundcard to virus ti, AND check the buffersize.
    the ti worked with 128 + save buffer. and the motu worked with 512. ( wrong setting)
    so i changed the asio driver back to motu interface AND changed the buffersize to 128 !!!

Are you really sure of that ?
    If I use my Roland soundcard, The internal TI soundcard is not used anymore and the driver are (i think) released and the TI buffer size should not matter anymore .

Anyway, If my sound card buffer is set to 256 and the TI buffer to 512 the crackles nearly disapear but the Sync error problem is still here.

Hope access works on theses issues :(

• Hey.. first at all, the Os5 worked fine in Fruity Loops. then in cubase it start like bitcrush...

i had to use system restore, too and reinstalled os5 again, now the crackle dissapear but not in sync at all.. funny, it was working for 2 minutes perfectly.

Thanks Beginner for tipps, cant wait to try them..

Os 5 defenitly a beta version.
    :thumbup: