Pitch Wheel doesn't work with some Presets

• Some presets don't do anything when I push up/down on my pitch wheel on the Virus: for example, the preset "Go Rave!MS". Is something not available there? I'd like to pitch this preset.

Also, where is the pitching automation controlled from in the VC? Under "Common" I see the Range boundaries (+/-) but not the actual Pitch value as determined by tweaking the pitch. Thanks

• Each patch on the Virus has a + and a - value which determines the affect the pitch wheel has, it is possible to set this value to 0 so that the wheel has no affect. You can easily edit this in VC, although for me to advise you how you'd have to wait til I get home from work and look at my Virus.

• You can use Envelopes or LFO to automate the pitch. You can even consider that the Arpeggiator, in the end, is actually automating the pitch...

Access Virus TI2 Polar Darkstar, Korg Kronos 88, Roland MB-8800 :thumbup:

• You've got to be kidding me. That was one of my main reasons for buying the Virus. I needed a way to pitch-bend my notes and specify this pitching in my tracks. What the hell...? I'm not asking for something difficult, I just want to automate the pitch-gliding of certain notes as I want.

• What DAW are you using eugenebalt? I don't think Pitch Bend is a standard CC control in many synths, I think that being one of your main reason for buying a Virus is a little daft considering all methods I'm aware of can aso be applied to pretty much any other synth... Anyways back to my original question, what DAW are you using?

• Ah you want to automate, by using a DAW, external sequencer or the like, the pitch of the oscillators. With MIDI you use RPN parameters to control Master Fine Tunning (RPN 0, 1) and even Caorse Tunning (RPN 0, 2) Of course you can also do this individually for each oscillator. Here you go:
    - OSC1 semi tune: MIDI CC 20 from 0-127
    - OSC1 detune: MIDI CC 26 from 0-127
    - OSC2 semi tune: MIDI CC 25 from 0-127
    - OSC2 detune: MISI CC 23 from 0-127
    - For OSC3 you use Sysex.

Anyway, record the pitch bend on the DAW to confirm the special MIDI messages used and copy those to your liking.

Access Virus TI2 Polar Darkstar, Korg Kronos 88, Roland MB-8800 :thumbup:

• Guys sorry but I'm still not clear how to record a simple pitch-bend. In my DAW the Pitch control affects the whole project. I need to record a simple pitch-bend of a note which is essential in any genre e.g. Dubstep, Dutch House, etc.. Please explain in simple language how to do it with the Virus. Thanks