Can any one tell me why my TI is now making crackling sounds on all patches

• HELP ... i have had my TI since the day it was released and has worked perfectly until now .... i have just built a new cpu and since the install of the TI Polar i'm getting a crackling sound over every patch played !!
    i have tried calling Access but there number is dead !! I am a professional studio engineer by trade and all my projects use the virus . I can not work until this is fixed

i am on Windows 7 using an i5 PC with 4gb ram , 32 bit qbase 5 ( purchased ) and using a 2408 MOTU sound card ( even tho im sure it has nothing to do with anything other than the TI )
    i am running the 5.00.01 software on the TI , please help me

James Alexander X(

• 5.0.0.10 is a public Beta-if you are depending on using the TI in a pro setting i would recommend that you deinstall the public beta following the instructions that you can find in the installer folder and then install the 4.5.3 public release.

• Have you updated both your cpu and Virus at the same time? I would take Hans advice and roll back to a tested version.

Also you don't say if you are getting crackling only through usb, try headphones or the Jack op to see if you still have this problem.

Please give some more info into how you are running the Virus i.e. usb/midi

• 5.0.0.10 is a public Beta-if you are depending on using the TI in a pro setting i would recommend that you deinstall the public beta following the instructions that you can find in the installer folder and then install the 4.5.3 public release.

+1
    Under no circumstances should you a) use a beta release of firmware if you do not wish to see problems, and b) upgrade two things at the same time.
    In addition, before you upgrade any driver or firmware, understand how to set restore points and roll back to a known working solution...

• hey man,

I had this issue with my Polar as when when i upgraded my PC.

I tried everything.

1. changed USB ports.
    2. Used a USB hub (because i'm running an i7)
    3. Installed/re-installed old/new software
    4. tried it in live mode and with different audio card settings.

NOTHING worked till i got a PCIe usb card.
    Now the polar is flawless and doesn't miss a heartbeat. :)

give that a whirl. The card cost me $5 aud
    so well worth it

hope that helps

Bill

• I have experienced the same problem as well as sync issues. It seems to disappear after a while and me messing around with the control panel settings, it seems to work best on 512 samples and 2 outputs no input.

I know it is a beta version so hope this gets resolved soon

• Am using a Virus Ti Desktop with a Mac running Logic on OS 10.7.4, Virus software 5.0.1.05. Was experiencing many pops and crackles but after changing the I/O buffer size from 128 to 256 the crackles seem to have gone away. Bit annoying though because 128 is a much better I/O for recording eDrums but there you go.

Hopefully this will get sorted very soon. It used to be PLAY software that caused these problems for me! 8)