virus ti multi out usb cubase 5

• hi guys,
    just recently bought an virus snow :D
    i was running flstudio but the sync problems where so off that i now want to record the virus in cubase.
    i searched forums youtube but i cant get it to work, here is my problem.
    i want to have 3 outs via usb in cubase, i insert the ti instrument (f11) it askes me to create a midi so i do.
    this all works fine it creates 1-virus instr and the routed midi port.
    now i want to create a second midi port for the second usb out.
    doesnt work i cant get a second virus instr i.e 2-virus.
    when i just create a new midi and assign it to 1-virus and give it a different port i.e 2 it doesnt play any sound.
    however when i set my second virus ti part in virus control to usb1 l+r (the same as the first part) it does play the second part but it's now on the same usb out and the 2 sounds compress eachother.
    i think it has to do with the fact that the midi's output routing is on 1-virus.
    how do i get an 2-virus and 3-virus instrument?????
    (i know i can only run 1 vst control and i set the patch utility to 3 outputs)
    cubase makes only 1 vst audio channel i need 3 right??!!
    how do i get the 2 extra vst audio channels?
    thanks inforward
    greetings mike

• ok,

from what i'm understanding you are tying to make another virus instruments which wont work.
    You need to just make another midi track and assign that to midi 2. Which on the snow is 2nd layer.
    Do the same for the 3rd layer etc.

hope that helps.

i haven't used Cubase for a while.

Bill

• Dear Mike,
    Just to make sure I understand this correctly: did you open the "Virus TI" plugin in the "VST Instruments" panel (which needs to happen) or did you open the "Virus TI" as an "instrument track" in Cubase (which is a different animal and not of much use for multi-timbral instruments like the TI)?

In any case make sure you open the "Virus TI" as a plugin in the "VST Instruments" panel. Then Cubase will also ask you if you want to create a Midi track, which you obviously should do. Now create another 3 Midi tracks and route them all to the "Virus TI Snow" Midi Out (which reflects the "Virus TI Snow" plugin) and set these Midi tracks to Midi channel 2, 3 and 4 (the first one will be set to 1).
    Now you should see Midi signals going to the 4 different PARTs in the TI Snow plugin when playing these different Midi tracks.

Once this is the case you need to add the 2 additional outs into the Cubase mixer by clicking on the corresponding little sign next to the "Virus TI Snow" plugin slot in the "VST Instruments" panel (worst case scenario check the Cubase manual where to find that if you're not sure). Here you will be able to add the 2 additional outs then and they will appear in the Cubase mixer.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• ok thanks jorg i'm a step further now,
    i did not know the button for use all outputs was in the vst device panel.
    so now i have 3 outs of the virus butt still no sound!!?
    i made the midi tracks an they do work on every part of the virus but no sound except for output 1.
    on the midi track output routing i can't select 3 different virus outputs just output 1.
    what am i doing wrong?

• Go to the "common" page of VC. For every part you select on the left, you can set an output from all the USB and physical outs your Virus has.

thanks but did that already,
    the problem is that in the midi channel i can't set an other output,
    here is what my midi channels look like:
    midi01:
    input routing: all midi inputs
    output routing: 1-virus snow
    channel: 1
    sound is working
    midi02:
    input routing: all midi inputs
    output routing: ***this is the problem i can only choose 1-virus snow not 2 or 3***
    channel: 2
    midi works on virus control but no sound comes out!

• jorg do you know something that can help me further?
    please look at my last posts about the midi channel setting, what ami doing wrong.
    midi signal comes into the VC but no sound comes out

• The easiest way would literally be to load the corresponding tutorial song for Cubase for your Virus unit, since this is definitely set up in the right way.
    If the Virus TI will play fine with the tutorial song you would at least know that something with the setup is still not right. Have you tried that yet?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• The easiest way would literally be to load the corresponding tutorial song for Cubase for your Virus unit, since this is definitely set up in the right way.
    If the Virus TI will play fine with the tutorial song you would at least know that something with the setup is still not right. Have you tried that yet?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

got it working now thanks!!, don,t know what i did i now just made a vst inst of virus snow made 3 midis, then set my outs on the VC and last i set enable all outputs on the instrument device control maybe it has to be in that order otherwise it wont get sound wierd, virus tutorial didnt help because i have an virus snow.
    it works like i have sound but is it normal that when you have 2 patches on that it keeps ducking? like compressing eachother?
    i have 2 patches running the same melody but the sound collapses when they play together.
    thanks for the help guys!