OS5 BUG?

• Ever since i've installed OS5, Logic seems to crash all the time. This did not happen before there for i've come to the conclusion that it must be the new OS.

Is there any reason why this is happening?

• We did not experience any crashes of Logic during the alphatesting.

suppose you test the configurations with daw and virus control installed - only those two. in normal working conditions lots of plug-ins may influence each other, i had this situation some time ago and i discovered (by installing the brand new system and later all the components one by one) that it was the driver of the master keyboard that messed up.

so... only beta testing by users in their real configurations may give you an answer of whether the software is fine or still buggy...

• so... only beta testing by users in their real configurations may give you an answer of whether the software is fine or still buggy...

Exactly, this is the whole point BETA testing i guess.

Just thought i would post to see;

A. If anyone else has been experiencing the same problems.

B. If there was a solution to the problem.

I am convinced that it is the new OS as Logic very rarely crashed prior to installation....

• Please get back to me at

support [at] access-music.de

since it is anything but a common problem with OS 5 for the TI to crash Logic. I would be flooded with emails from Logic users on OS 5 if this would be the case and I can ensure you the exact opposite is the case.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• suppose you test the configurations with daw and virus control installed - only those two. in normal working conditions lots of plug-ins may influence each other, i had this situation some time ago and i discovered (by installing the brand new system and later all the components one by one) that it was the driver of the master keyboard that messed up.

so... only beta testing by users in their real configurations may give you an answer of whether the software is fine or still buggy...

Actually we do have other software and plug ins installed on our test systems to mimic real life situations.
    Still we didnt get any crashes of Logic using the current Public Beta.
    Please send detailed information about the systems that exhibit these kind of problems to our support hotline.

Thanks
    Hans
    Access QA