OS5 working for anyone on Win7 x64it?

• Same query here : I've read lots of issues regarding OS5 Beta after it was launched. Less manifestation now.
    Is it because every one reversed to previous release, or beacause they found a workaround (like the Virus Asio buffer size trick)

• Seems to be working fine here too, although there is an issue with the crackling which after a bit of messing around with the settings seems to disappear.

Had to use a dedicated USB PCI card for the virus though

• thanks for the replie(s)...
    i'd like to try to understand what is going on for MOST of us...
    could you expand a little bit on what you did to upgrade?

• simple overinstall first time?
      (did it ever roll back?)
      is this your first version of TI?
      (or have you been a TI user for awhile?)
  • I had a lot of trouble getting my virus to work after trying to install OS5 and had to wait a few days for support to help me out on that... I will wait for a release version before i try OS5 again.
    I have the original TI so not a TI2 and it failed the installation and every retry it failed and started a so called rollback but nothing rolled back and my computer not even recoqnized the TI anymore.
    I was really afraid i bricked my synth but now i have it working again don't have the balls to give it another go. I run on win7 X64.

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• I can't remember my install process but I usually uninstall older drivers/apps instead of installing over them. A few things that have caused me trouble in the past have been using the wrong VC plugin (x64 and x86, your DAW has to be 64bit to use the x64 VC so try the x86 VC) and for some reason (always happened) the output from the Virus can be distorted when I first load up VC (doesn't alway happen) but if you drag the patch from part 2 to part 1 (you could just load up a patch) it goes away.

• i wanted to uninstall the older version the second time but i dont have the balls to ruin it again i really need my virus to work all day! :)

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• Im a 7x64 user also.

First attempt of virus 5.0 install: right after the dialogue box 'connect and turn on vrius' it wanted to install a driver clicked okay - blue screen...

Reboot try again (whilst not having a shit load of stuff running behind) I get the rollback stuff... Uninstall previous version try again, rollback. Attempt to uninstall drivers manually from device manager then try again same thing rollback...

Am now installing 4.5 what I previously had and thats going fine, so seems there's deffo something in this public beta of OS5 thats not fully compatible with alot of peoples win7 x64 setups. Will now be waiting until they release a new version.

P.S Im running am older virus TI 1 Keyboard aswell by the way.

• forgot to report that now even though back on 4.5.3, sonar x1 pops up a "using old usb driver. please use new driver" button.
    im sure this is for the TI, because i havent changed anything else.

• Any update on this from your engineering Marc?

as for the problems mentioned in regards of W7/64 bit: it works for many. in fact, we had to try a couple of PCs until we were able to replicate the findings. you need to have a specific hardware/software combo to trigger the issue.
    there will be a new version hopefully soon after the programmers in question are back from their summer vacation.
    marc

• Win 7 X64 + Cubase 6.5 32 bit/54bit + virus 5.01 works perfectly for me - I used to have issues with BSODs when I added the virus control VST3 to a project that already had music/other VST in it, now i don't get the BSOD!

seems stable and i'm not getting pops/click or crackles

Intel motherboard running an I7, using the on-board USB and followed the installation instructions (making sure I chose a USB port with no other devices)

I did not remove the previous version before I updated.

I resisted the update for a while due to some of the feedback on here, but I'm glad I did it now!

T

• as for the problems mentioned in regards of W7/64 bit: it works for many. in fact, we had to try a couple of PCs until we were able to replicate the findings. you need to have a specific hardware/software combo to trigger the issue.

Great!

• I've gone back to 4.5.3 as was quite unstable for me on windows 7, 64bit in Cubase 6.5. The Beta version tended to be very crackly and had to keep on changing the settings to get it working ok.

Hope the release version is ok though

• I was having trouble with 4.5.3 with my brand new Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer with an Asus motherboard/mainboard (mobo) and My Access Virus Ti 1 (61). I got a blue screen of death (BSOD) on every USB port I tried during the Audio Driver Installation. I really didn't care about the audio driver. But since I wanted to use it as a midi controller I couldn't because it would crash before the MIDI driver install. I was able to go into my Device Manager and have windows search my windows (C: on my machine) drive for the driver of the 'uknown midi device' by having it install that way. But on both 4.5.3 and 5 the audio driver would not install. I am using 4.5.3 as of now without the ability to use it as an audio device (I guess I could be on 5.. but I choose to be on at least a half stable release).

I wrote this out specifically this way to catch some keywords, since I couldn't initially find a fix for this issue. I also thought it would be appropriate for this thread since no, I cannot get 5 to work in the same matter, nor does 5 fix the issue! This was a brand new computer using ultra popular parts using a very popular and fully updated OS. Pretty sad this is happening. My motherboard has a grip of both 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports and buses.

Way too expensive piece of gear to have this many issues. No, I will not write a ticket, this fix should be on the forum on in a knowledge base.

X(