Audio outputs muted when USB is connected??

• Hey,

I connected my Ti2 Polar to my two week old MBP (Lion 10.7 & Logic 9) today via usb. Midi works fine and I can trigger soft synths and what not. When I opened a channel up to receive audio from the Virus - nothing. I use a Focusrite Saffire pro 24 as an audio card and never had any problems before. I can send midi info to the Virus and it will send back audio but it won't let me play notes live.

To reiterate, When I connect the Virus via usb the audio outputs are automatically muted. When I send midi information to it, I receive audio again.

I hope this makes sense to somebody?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

• If I understand your description correctly, it's not the audio that has gone mute, it's the keyboard that has become "detached" from the sound engine. Instead, the keyboard is now just another MIDI controller for your computer. If your DAW is set to accept all MIDI inputs on all channels, all you need to do is arm any of the MIDI tracks that are sending to the VC plugin, and sounds will be heard (you might also want to work in "live" mode).
    If you insist on not having the keyboard detached you can go to the config menu on the LCD screen and enable "local control", but be aware that this might make every note play twice - once directly, and once thrugh the DAW.

• Are you using the VC plugin? If so it's better to have audio over USB (instead of going from DAC to ADC). If you are using VC you also won't get any audio from the DAC's on the Virus unless you set parts to 'Direct' mode (switch with a 'D' on it next to mute; will route audio directly out of the Virus outs). Have to agree with Bob that your post is a little cryptic.

• When a Virus is connected via USB the keyboard is disconnected from the sound engine as the synth is expecting the key presses to go keyboard>usb>DAW (loopback) >usb>sound engine as discussed above.
    if you wish to play the Polar and simply record audio, you need to have Local Control=on.. this is off by default when the Virus is connect via USB.. hit config>keyboard 1/5 local=on