Browsing SoundBanks In VirusControl

• Hi people,

Just a little thing I was hoping someone might be able to help me with.

When using VC in Ableton I want to browse thru the preset programs (of which there are vast amounts of!) without having to double click on every one individualy. This really grinds me! X(

The program select buttons on the synth don't follow the VC banks and I can't seem to assign any sort of control to the feature using midi control data.

So in short is this possible?
    If so - how?
    If not - could this be added to the next update (pleeeease)? :thumbup:

• In Logic Pro (8 and 9) I am able to use the cursor keys on my QWERTY keyboard to navigate the patches - this selects the patch I move to. Note that I have to ensure that the Virus Control window has focus or else the cursor keystrokes are captured by Logic itself.

I've not tried it with Ableton so you mileage may vary.

Cheers,

mrk

• ...the arrow keys should work... if the host app is giving input focus to the plugin window.
    I am mostly using the TI VSTi in "Cantabile" - a vst live host - and while the arrow keys work fine on the TI plugin in a separate VSTi window it does not in the rack integrated pane.

• Thanks for the replies but niether of these helped. I do seem to remmber doing this with earlier versions of Live so maybe thats where the issue is.
    Shame not to be able to use the harware navigation buttons tho!