can anyone get the virus ti to work properly with win 7 ultimate 64 bit??

• hey i have recently built a new computer Asus p8z77 v pro mb with i7 3770 cpu and im using a native instruments kontrol 1 sound card and i can not get the virus to stop crackling. i have the virus connect via usb and im pretty sure it is using its own usb hub i get white noise hisses and really bad crackling while it is connect but as soon as i pull out the usb cord my computer runs fine and my sound quality is excellent can someone please help me i pretty much have a very expensive computer and very expensive piece of hardware that i cant use together. i hooked the sound card and virus bak up to my old computer and everything works fine so there is nothing wrong with my hardware it must be in the usb in my new mb i have tried all the solutions people hav mentioned in here about turning suspend delay off on the usb and changing the power scheme of my computer but nothing works i have made sure both my sound card and virus r both running at 512 sample rate still no luck... please help me

• The Z77 chipset provides 10 USB2.0 ports, 2 on the back panel and 8 through headers on the board itself (to connect to any socket configuration you wish). Try to use
    these ports instead of the USB3.0 ones. Also, use Windows device manager to make sure no other USB device is using the same root hub as the Virus.
    Good luck.

Didn't realise you could use the Virus TI on USB 3 - I experienced similar problems with using Windows 7 and Cubase 6.5. I found the soluton was to use a dedicated USB PCI Card without anything else plugged in to it.

I was on OS5 but I i've gone back to version 4.5.3 as that seem more stable.

Best of luck

Dan :thumbup:

• hey thanks guys i have made sure the virus is on its own usb root hub well wen i click on it in device manager it says it is on hub 2 and nothing else is on there with it but it still crackles did this happen to u as well dan?? i just want to make sure the pci card is goin to fix my problems befor i buy one. does your speakers crackle and hiss even when your sequencer and no music or anything was playing?? mine starts to crackle and hiss as soon as i plug the usb cord in but only on my new computer it works fine on all others. thanks heaps for your help guys

• hey thanks guys i have made sure the virus is on its own usb root hub well wen i click on it in device manager it says it is on hub 2 and nothing else is on there with it but it still crackles did this happen to u as well dan?? i just want to make sure the pci card is goin to fix my problems befor i buy one. does your speakers crackle and hiss even when your sequencer and no music or anything was playing?? mine starts to crackle and hiss as soon as i plug the usb cord in but only on my new computer it works fine on all others. thanks heaps for your help guys

I found it crackled and hissed on everything even on its own. I use my virus as the main soundcard on my computer but after a while and me messing around with the setting in the control panel it seemed to dissappear. I have heard that using a hub can cause problems with the virus

Have you tried version 4.5.3 as that seems to work great for me?

Cheers

• If it was a USB2.0 port then most probably a PCIe hub will function just the same. There is a trick that helped some users with crackles: Set the Virus as your soundcard, give it the ASIO buffer size that you used with Kontrol, and save this setting. Then go back to the Kontrol as your soundcrad, with that very same ASIO buffer size. Try it and see if it helps.

• If it was a USB2.0 port then most probably a PCIe hub will function just the same. There is a trick that helped some users with crackles: Set the Virus as your soundcard, give it the ASIO buffer size that you used with Kontrol, and save this setting. Then go back to the Kontrol as your soundcrad, with that very same ASIO buffer size. Try it and see if it helps.

hey flabber thanks i have tried all of that. the only thing im unsure about is in device manage the virus is on a generic usb hub by itself. i hav no idea how to get a device to go onto a root hub i used a usb stick puttin it in all usbs and it never said it was on a root hub this is really doing my head in now i hav been at this for a week non stop and pretty much hav 4000 dollars worth of usless computer and synthesiser and im pretty upset atm :(

• For laptop users on Win7 x64, disabling the 3D graphics card in device manager (onboard intel graphics remain), rebooting, loading my Cubase session, re enabling gfx, rebooting was the fix...f*king annoying!. :cursing:
    I'm now running OS5 without any issues. :thumbup:

• I have the Virus TI with OS5 working flawlessly here.
    Windows 7 64 and i'm using the Asus P8 z77 V LX.

I'm using a dedicated PCIe USB card for the Virus.
    Before get the USB card I believe that there's something you can try on your PC configuration.

1 Disabled desktop aero theme and set it to basic
    2 Entered bios > CPU settings > Advanced > Disable EIST
    3 Disable Turbo Boost
    4 Disable "C1E", "C3" and "C6" I also disabled "SPEEDSTEP

This Bios fixes has been proved to solve some crackling problems with some soundcards and Sandy Bridge processors.
    You can try this and see if something gets improved even if your processor is Ivy as I assume.

Cheers

• Must be certain PC set ups, I decided to take the plunge, more out of curiosity, and install OS5 and all works fine, installed correctly, no crackles, sync probs etc what other people are reporting... i tried using TI2 as sound card, all works fine here.

I still believe most problems are with peoples computers, USB set up, and not the Virus ... :S or im one of the lucky ones....

My set up is...Acer Aspire M3802 Desktop PC, Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.50GHz, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Blu-Ray Combo, GMA X4500, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    using Reaper, seperate USB card (Belkin), and not run into any problems as yet...

I dont use the Virus usualy as the soundcard, as i have an EDIROL UA-1000 interface which is superior for my use, so tend to use analogue out of Virus into that.

Hopefuly a fix will be coming soon as Marc suggested... Good Luck must be annoying.... :wacko:

• after over a week of pulling my hair out and reinstalling driver after driver and re doing my operating system and installing all my software again it still crackled so i tried just using my virus as the sound cardand it is working with no crackles just means i cant use my kontrol 1 sound card.. what is the sound card like in the virus would it be better than my native instruments kontrol 1 anyway??

• By NOT using the Virus as a soundcard, you are reducing the data load on your PC/USB bus as you are just transmitting/receiving midi and no audio from/to the Virus. Audio is output through the Virus analogue outs instead, into your prefered audio card. The downside is you don't get 3 digital stereo outputs but you can always use the analogue outs into your prefered audio cards inputs as long as you have (6 available inputs that is) selected in your DAW use VC control and you will "probably" reduce clicks, crackles, improve sync, etc...

This works for me... 8)

• By NOT using the Virus as a soundcard, you are reducing the data load on your PC/USB bus as you are just transmitting/receiving midi and no audio from/to the Virus. Audio is output through the Virus analogue outs instead, into your prefered audio card. The downside is you don't get 3 digital stereo outputs but you can always use the analogue outs into your prefered audio cards inputs as long as you have (6 available inputs that is) selected in your DAW use VC control and you will "probably" reduce clicks, crackles, improve sync, etc...

This works for me... 8)

by using the analogue outputs on the virus, you do NOT change the load on the USB bus. instead you will have to deal with early audio.
    marc