10.6.8 and OS 5 Midi Recording to early with USB!

• What is goiiing on! geeze

ANytime i record midi its too early! everything was fine and then bam... First the midi was playing back out of time, then it started to work, after i paused the track, now midi records too early.. with usb out! and VC... what is the fix??? thnx!

• ANytime i record midi its too early! everything was fine and then bam... First the midi was playing back out of time, then it started to work, after i paused the track, now midi records too early..

Is this exclusive to the Virus or does it happen with other instruments too?

• earlecy? :) welcome to the club. We all have that sometimes it is something you have to fix with your latecy on the soundcard. If you can't solve that on your own you need to read more.
    What daw you using? see if your soundcard is selected in your daw.
    What soundcard you using? see if you soundcard is the system clock and check the latecy.
    Also make sure that you use 44.1 kHz sample rate.
    Oh wait you have mac i can't help you further. :pinch:

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Monomeester ()

• This happens with every project... it will work fine then bam it will happen. I am using Duet 2 sound card. Things record too early... I will play them fine then when im finished, everything is early... this is really bothersome, and make sthe process anoying, this also happened before the update. I am on logic pro 9.1.7

• Same problem here!Would love to know whats goin on.Tried various settings in the audio buffer,low latency mode etc and at best i get inconsistent results that are counter intuitive.Larger buffer its early smaller its late!!!

:whistling:

• Same problem here!Would love to know whats goin on.
    Tried various settings in the audio buffer,low latency mode etc and at best i get inconsistent results that are counter intuitive.
    Larger buffer its early smaller its late!!!

:whistling:

• Thanks for the reply mate.

Unfortunately there is little point in sending screenshots of my audio prefs as after experimenting further i can make it later earlier etc just by changing these.Also it happens regardless if i use my macpro or macbook pro.

In protools 9 its always late! By how much depending on the hardware buffer so i must conclude its nothing to do with the virus but is DAW related.

Also the way ADC is implemented relative to the midi in the DAW is seemingly important.

I just nudge the recorded file into place.Small price to pay for the excellent sound of the Virus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8)

• Small price to pay? if you gonna pay that much, you get your moneys worth... this type of attitude about "excellet sound of the virus" does not motivate companies to fix things... remember its a business, if ur happy with it, theyll never fix anything.