OS5 open beta install guide and trouble shooting guide *please contribute we all want to start with it asap*

• Hello fellow TI owners, i am really eager to start on OS5 with the new filters and other possibilities to create sound.
    However i tried to install OS5 once and it almost bricked my TI (sure looked like it) and i don't want that to happen again or to happen to others.
    So it would be nice if Marc, any other Access support or users that have some experience with it give their input.

:thumbup:
    What i did is just install the OS5 like i did any other but halfway it failed and rolled back (sort of) and made my virus undetectable for pc.
    It took me a few days to solve it with some help from access support and since then i don't really have the guts to give it another go without proper guidance.

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• I made the mistake of upgrading to Mountain Lion when it came out and then trying to use my Virus on the 4.X version.

I had to update to the 5.X beta that Access has out now and the OS & Logic finally detected it. It's not worth it now though in my opinion, there are some major timing/delay/sound jumbling issues when you get a patch or two into a song. I noticed last night that the when the virus control plugin is loaded the CPU of the system just spikes seemingly out of nowhere for a second or so and then recedes while nothing is playing at all. This was with a project with ONLY the virus control loaded. None of my others do that.

All that aside, I'm with you... I can't wait for a stable version. I'd hold off for now if I could do it over.