ADHD - Toby Shark - trance WIP

• Sounding good mate.

Maybe you could work on the "drop" at 1:42 - Seems a little pre-mature and I think it needs more energy. You could try working in audio and looping small parts (which get smaller towards the end), leave like 1 beat silence just before the drop (3/4 audio then 1/4 silence), maybe filter everything out with a HP filter (automated from open to closed over a bar) and then open the filter back up as it drops.

Synth that comes in around 0:32 could probably do with some spicing up :P. Automate distortion mix/intensity and gradual increase both over 4/8 bars so it becomes really squelchy/squealy towards the end.

Reverb on the synth at 1:42 is nice but I feel it should be brought forward a little

Everything sounds good from 2:53, everything appears to have it's own space so you can hear the individual elements - before this the drums don't stand out enough and the sounds appear to lack definition.

Bass at 2:39 is offbeat right (first thought was that it was sidechained but after listening to it again sounds offbeat)? Sounds good.

Appreciate that it's a WIP; the synth sounds play together nicely (could do with more space so they're more defined but the sound good together), you have some interesting stuff going on too. Maybe just some processing on everything so that everything stands out and some little tweaks to composition(?) - breakdown, intro, outro etc.

• Theredfox - thankyou for taking so much time to post such a detailed response! - I really appreciate it and the clarity of your comments.
    I'm working out the kinks in this one still and have taken on board your comments - I think the tracjk is getting better as a result.
    The bass at 2:39 is a combination - a bit sidechained and a bit offset - it's three basslines - a sub which is offset and different sidechained arps in the L and R chanels.
    here's the new version - it still needs an intro and an outro!
    http://soundcloud.com/clubshar…/new-toby-shark-attention
    cheers!