TI MK1 Keyboard, Logic 9.1.7 & Reason 6.5

• Hi Folks,

Been having a problem for a while now when using Reason rewired to Logic when inserting the TI plugin. The sync goes totally out between Logic and Reason, loops etc running behind, generally a mess.

The fix? Remove the TI plugin! Anyone else experience this or know of a fix? Could it be live mode in Logics audio settings? Not in the chair right now but something that sprang to mind.

Cheers.

• I should mention I am using the current beta, but this is something that has been persistent with previous non beta versions.

Also, the TI has its own usb bus and despite Logic being set to small buffer, I still get an error message generated by the VC informing me that I need to set the buffer to small.

Guess there is some tweaking to be done... Doesn't explain the rewire offset though :)

• Hi Jörg,

Plugin compensation set to 'ALL' as per norm just wanted to check incase it had changed.

Did a little trouble shooting on this and have found that by using the transport in Reason the metronome / TI (eg arp) stays locked. The trouble appears to happen when using Logics transport controls, everything is out.

I've checked all the obvious settings but no joy. Any ideas?

All the best,

Adrian.

• It's got something to do with the pre-roll setting in project settings in Logic Jörg.

Logic and Reason work fine with this box checked until the TI plugin is inserted and then the sync between the two is off. Turn off pre-roll and this seem to fix the problem although the first bar is out (TI arp) and even though Logic and Reason seem in Sync, the TI seems to drift slightly but it's almost there!

Cheers.

• This is just a random suggestion & it may or may not make a difference for you but you might as well give it a try, in Logic go to Settings > Synchronisation > MIDI & try transmitting MIDI clock to Virus TI Synth if it's not already being done.

• This is just a random suggestion & it may or may not make a difference for you but you might as well give it a try, in Logic go to Settings > Synchronisation > MIDI & try transmitting MIDI clock to Virus TI Synth if it's not already being done.

You should definitely not do that, since the TI already receives clock information when the Virus TI plugin is in use. Basically the unit receives it twice at this point. The "Virus TI Synth" port should be solely used when the Virus TI Control plugin is *not* in use. This "Virus TI Synth" port allows you to send Midi data directly to the TIs sound engine via USB, but again the unit receives already all this information from the plugin.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• You should definitely not do that, since the TI already receives clock information when the Virus TI plugin is in use. Basically the unit receives it twice at this point. The "Virus TI Synth" port should be solely used when the Virus TI Control plugin is *not* in use. This "Virus TI Synth" port allows you to send Midi data directly to the TIs sound engine via USB, but again the unit receives already all this information from the plugin.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

That's really interesting & is at odds with the results I get. I've tested this quite a bit & I've found that I get the best sync when I do send the MIDI clock to Virus TI Synth. For me it's absolutely locked on the money when I do, if I have it any other way then I get mixed results ranging from the first note being out & it never catching up again to the first note being bang on then as it plays the sync mildly drifts.

I have a Logic project file with all the relevant audio files & notes explaining my results stored on my harddrive which I could send in if you wanted to check it. When I get to my main machine later today I'll post screenshots of the audio regions with transient markers on which clearly show the timing differences. After reading your reply Jorg I'm interested to know where the mistake may lie in my configuration, seeing as it works for me that's what I have done ever since - just when I thought I had the perfect configuration, on the other hand, if it ain't broke & that…

• Interesting replies to this, thanks all.

I had believed the TI would ignore the midi clock, and I have tried all ways round being an owner of this synth for quite some time! But, none of this answers the original question! Something is clearly disrupting sync between Logic, with the TI plugin inserted and Rewire protocol.

The interesting fact is that the TI etc is locked when using Reasons transport as oppose to Logics unless pre-roll is disabled. I thought pre-roll was a recommended setting for the TI, unless something changed?

Currently reinstalling so will report back :)

Cheers.

• hi
    logic 9.1.7 gets a lot of issues. sometimes the is a synchronisation problem between the virus TI and logic 9.1.7 (USB Mode and MIDI mode) so I think there is some problems for rewiring. there is many threads about this on the web.
    go back to 9.1.3
    it works for me.

• Just to finish this off with my findings after a complete re-install...

Disabling pre-roll in Logic solves the sync problem when the TI plugin is inserted. The result of this though is the first note, or bar is totally out of sync but catches up on the second. Works fine on the loop around.

The biggest problem however is when trying to bounce, everything falls apart, totally unusable.

Perhaps Access could acknowledge this as being a problem, or is it in fact a problem with Logic? Or both?! The fact it only happens when the TI is in use, you know where the finger is pointing!

I'll contact both via official support.

Cheers.