How to export my virus patches as a midi file?

• hi
    My back up has bugged and it has restore ROM-A and ROM-B in crazy characters and my sounds disepears!!!
    I have an older version of my patches but I Need to inject only the roms above in my new patch Roms. so I should export the old one into Midi file and then I will restore my current Roms and I want to copy the Roms A and B from the midi file created
    thank you

• It depends on the model of Virus you have. With the TI line you can create empty MIDI files and drag and drop patches into them using the VC plugin, while you burn them as banks using the VCC utility. On older models you can capture MIDI dumps of patches into your DAW or a librarian. ROM burning, I think, can only be done from RAM to ROM. In any case, consult the ROM burning and MIDI dump chapters of the manual corresponding to your Virus model.

• ok I'm trying.... 3 HOURS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is too many bugs with Virus TI mode.... PLEASE MAKE A MIDI EDITOR!!! I will do a survey to ask access music to make a midi editor!

this is the procedure:
    backup current patches,
    restore old version,
    start your daw,
    load the plugin,
    click on browser tab,
    choose (MY PACTHES.MID located /Users/You/Documents/Access Music/Virus TI) in the first window,
    choose the ram that you want to copy in the second window.
    select one or all of your patches,
    drag them to the first window ( My pacthes.mid, it should be empty),
    make it for each ram you need to copy.
    close your daw ,
    open the Virus control center,
    restore your newer version.
    go back to your daw.
    open the plugin and make the same as above to copy your My pacthes.mid to the RAM-C for example.
    close your Daw
    load the Virus control center
    burn to flash
    seclect RAM-C and burn it to your choosed ROM.

I confirm that the midi dump can only dump RAMS banks.
    thank you

• please contact support. they'll assist you though it. it works here just fine.
    marc

HI marc. I have already contact the support and request to make a midi editor. the usb mode could be nice but there is too many bugs with usb ports or controller on each computer, and on live set that's more easier to work in midi. As you could see on my post, It takes me 3 hours to repair a bug due to the virus control center and of course you know how faster it is with a midi dump. (and there is no problems with midi)
    but this needs another thread I think