New Beta version is working on Windows 7 x64!

• This is frustrating, i know.
    try this:
    -uninstall the TI
    -unplug your TI from the USB cable
    -try to reinstall without the TI connected

if the above doesnt work:
    -go into control panel and click "show hidden drivers"
    -find the TI Audio under "sound" and remove that
    try again.

also try changing your USB ports and cable.
    this has worked for others.

• I'm Tired, I'm Frustrated, and I GIVE UP!

This is exactly what happened to me...but I didn't give up and happy that it's working!

- Uninstall previous
    - Turn off Virus
    - Unplug all wires from Virus
    - Reboot
    - Begin installation
    - (When prompted) Turn on Virus in USB Update mode. ( Plug in USB. Then Hold Exit and Plug it in)
    - Look @ Virus screen and make sure it's in USB Update mode then click ok.
    - Reboot

ENJOY! 8o

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416

• make sure it's in USB Update mode ?????
    it says,

usb link established........but won't work

NOT USB Link Established!
    YOU MUST PUT IT IN USB UPDATE MODE! (I posted exactly how to do this.)
    Well at least that's how I got it to work.

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416

• Try a system restore?? sounds like there are hidden files still in the registry... restore back to a point before you installed ANY virus software if you can.. and then UNPLUG virus USB and then install again. If all else fails reinstall windows... drastic i know... but it will solve your probs.

I have never experienced a failed install yet! on any updates so cant really help apart from what i just said... good luck bro! :S

• usb update mode
    virus ti v3.04......i found it......but guess.....won't work !!!!ppffffff
    but thanks for the ideas

If I were you I'd unplug all those external hard drives first. Looking at the image you posted, that could very well be the problem, You have quite a bunch.. Too much USB activity for the system to handle comfortably maybe. Usually you don't have to go in "update mode". It should work just as is. Uninstall previous version, with Virus switched off. Install new version, when asked switch on your Virus.. That's it. Usually that is. ;)

Only once I had to use this update mode to bring my Ti to live. I thought it had died on me, when during rom burning the control center froze. Puff.. lights out (ALL!). Thank god for update mode, which revived the virus with a re-install of the OS.

BTW. Let me start with saying that I have no clue if or how the Virus's midi drivers are used or influenced during the installation procedure. Nevertheless it doesn't hurt to check your system for the number of installed midi drivers. Although Microsoft doesn't comment on this, Windows 7 still seems to suffer from the 10 devices limit. To make things worse they have basically removed or hidden the configuration interface of midi devices. Maybe their solution to the problem. If you don't see it, it doesn't exist. Windows automatically switches off the excess drivers. So.. you end up with devices that do not work. In your audio devices manager (control panel) you can right click the list of devices listed under "playback" and "recording" and select "show disabled devices". This might give you a hint.

Now.., you may think with only three or four devices you are safe. What happens when you unplug your device (eg. Virus) and the next time you plug it in a different USB port? Windows installs another copy of the driver. So, with four USB ports and one Virus you could have 4 drivers installed already. That adds up very quickly. I have a Korg M3 also, which comes with a midi uninstall utility (thank Korg for that ;) ), which shows all installed midi devices and uninstalls the ones I select. Pretty convenient and this has saved te day several times. I would not advice to install it as it comes with a midi driver. M-Audio has a stand alone utility called Midi Fix, which is known to do the same. I don't know if it works with Windows 7 though. It can be downloaded from their website.. It seems that some midi devices are more susceptible to this problem. Why that is beats me.

My advice, never change USB ports in general if possible to avoid conflicts, but with midi devices in particular. Stay monogamous! ;) It also helps to check which devices are connected to the same USB "channel". These channels are shared, not every port as his own channel. The slowest device sets the speed. Use a USB 1.0 mouse on the same USB channel as the Virus and a problem is born. Checking your USB configuration is not that straight forward sadly. In your hardware manager you can check the properties (right click the different controllers). There you will find helpful information. It will also tell you if a port is running at high speed. I believe the Virus has a dedicated way to make sure the speed is ok. Nonetheless it doesn't hurt to check it out when in trouble. Good hunting.

• My advice, never change USB ports in general if possible to avoid conflicts, but with midi devices in particular. Stay monogamous! It also helps to check which devices are connected to the same USB "channel". These channels are shared, not every port as his own channel. The slowest device sets the speed. Use a USB 1.0 mouse on the same USB channel as the Virus and a problem is born. Checking your USB configuration is not that straight forward sadly. In your hardware manager you can check the properties (right click the different controllers). There you will find helpful information. It will also tell you if a port is running at high speed. I believe the Virus has a dedicated way to make sure the speed is ok. Nonetheless it doesn't hurt to check it out when in trouble. Good hunting.

this can be avoided by using a USB2 hub with MTT. on "modern systems", non high speed devices frequently have a share a bandwidth total of 12mbit/s. this is when the trouble shorts. by inserting a USB2 hub in between the computer (the root hub) and the virus, you avoid the problem and the virus will have its dedicated 12mbit/s
    marc

• I only recently installed OS 5 and I found the Virus's response somewhat sluggish after that. Sound was ok, but a bit clouded it seemed and some newer presets (may be 5 in one bank) didn't produce sound. This morning installed the updated version following the usual procedure. Uninstall old version, install new, switch on virus when asked, reboot (automatically updates OS) and finish. That was all. All issues resolved. The Virus is responsive again, the sound clear as always, better sync it seems. All is well. Congratulations Access on a job well done! Thanks a lot for this update. (Win 7 Professional, 64bit. btw)

• allright, everybody using software with "nalpeiron" copy protection, such as several graphics plugins, i just figured this is causing MANY issues, not only virus-related. and this is known for the protection system, just google it. after exhausting hours of trying to find the problem, this was definitely the cause. sorry access team for bothering, please delete my service ticket. hope you find my advice helpful!