Pitch Bend Issue Advice

• Hi there,

First time iv'e come across this problem. When i want to do uplifters i'm having to manually type in notes in the piano roll cause the pitchbend won't shift higher than -2 +2
    I tried to automate the PW in Studio One but no joy. I tried all sorts of settings -64 +63 but the PW stays the same.. Anyone have this problem. Not sure if it's user error.
    This thing is doing my head in i just want to play for example A3 and then turn the PW all the way up to A5.. I can do this easy on Sylenth a £100 synth but the £2k one won't do it etc by just setting the bend range to 24 on Sylenth i get the effect i want but the Polar is having none of it.
    Any ideas or advice is most welcome iv'e been on an hour with this simple thing that should just do as i set it to do in the common page.

Thanks

Rob

• Hmm ok it seems the only way to do this is by using the Matrix slots.. Sucks! I already used up all my slots programming the preset. Read some of previous postings on here so nevermind please ignore this post.
    It seems all my other synths can do what i want with the PW however the Virus will not.. :(

Cheers

Rob

• Worry not... The geniuses at Access would never of missed this feature. With in VC there is a setting where you can change the pitch bend range, Bender Up & Bender Down... It's in the Common tab.

Also pressing edit on your virus until you get Common1/3, then press parameter until you get Common 3/3 and there is your bender range.

• I had this issue as well.

As it turns out, in Studio One, The VST3 version of the Virus Plugin DOES NOT read pitchbend, velocity etc.

You have to use the VST2 version of the plugin ;)

Aha.. i see.

Yes i was using the VST3 of Virus Control. I'll report this issue on the Studio One beta forum. I'll do more tests today i just found it strange that i can't set the Pitchbend in the common page. Maybe i'll try the VST2 Virus Control first before reporting the issue on there.
    Many thanks for the input guys it's saved me a lot of time. Checking this now.

Rob

• Ok this is strange indeed. I have just loaded up my project from last night in Studio One using the VST3 Virus Control and now when setting Pitch Bend in the common page everything now does as it should. Very strange!
    Automating the Pitch within Studio One now works. It seems a reboot of the project sorted out the Virus Control issue so i'm happy i thought i would have to do all the pitch bending using the Matrix slots but PW works fine now with the VST3 plugin.

Cheers

Rob

• i kind of doubt that. anybody else having this problem?
    marc

Working just fine for me now thanks. It seems that indeed this was a Studio One issue and not the Virus Control plugin.. Seems some setting you make on the Virus Control plugin don't do anything until you close and restart Studio One.. I'm using the beta of S1 aswell so more testing.

Thanks

Rob

• i kind of doubt that. anybody else having this problem?
    marc

I had this issue, and that's how I resolved it.

The VST3 version wasn't responding to velocity or pitchbend data in Studio One v2. I changed to the VST2 version and it responded as expected. Exact same patch, exact same midi clip on the exact same instrument track.