OS5 and FL Studio

• FL10 introduced automatic plug-in delay compensation (PDC). as it turned out, it only works correctly for stereo but not for multi output plug-ins.
    the manual PDC, which FL studio user enjoyed before worked fine with multi output plug-ins such as virus control. if you want to use Virus Control's multi output configuration, you either need to use a version before FL10 or contact Imageline and make them fix the issue. there is nothing we can do about it.
    best, marc

• FL10 introduced automatic plug-in delay compensation (PDC). as it turned out, it only works correctly for stereo but not for multi output plug-ins.
    the manual PDC, which FL studio user enjoyed before worked fine with multi output plug-ins such as virus control. if you want to use Virus Control's multi output configuration, you either need to use a version before FL10 or contact Imageline and make them fix the issue. there is nothing we can do about it.
    best, marc

So as i understand the issue is that Multi outs are not compensated right?

oh then its no news to me :) i thought i missed something, but its the same case of behaviour in OS4 too.

• The funny thing is was almost sure I have had multi outs working on FL 10 one time or another... odd...

It's also worth pointing out that other multi output VSTs I have (such as sample tank) work fine...

Edit: yeah, im not going crazy, someone else on that thread has reported that multi outs work fine with 4.5.3 on FL Studio 10 - what's different?

• It's also worth pointing out that other multi output VSTs I have (such as sample tank) work fine...

in this case you can switch off delay compensation all together ;) multi output configurations are not delay compensated since FL10.

Edit: yeah, im not going crazy, someone else on that thread has reported that multi outs work fine with 4.5.3 on FL Studio 10 - what's different?

all OS5 does is warning you and it offers you a solution (the stereo version). you don't need to take on this offer and continue to work with the multi output version. as for delay compensation, see above ...
    marc

• in this case you can switch off delay compensation all together ;) multi output configurations are not delay compensated since FL10.

all OS5 does is warning you and it offers you a solution (the stereo version). you don't need to take on this offer and continue to work with the multi output version. as for delay compensation, see above ...
    marc

But multiouts do work since FL 10, just need to do a workaround by assigning tracks to dummy mixer track or by turning off Automatic PDC (it is possible to do that)

• As far as I'm aware auto-PDC hasn't ever been switched on (it certainly isnt on the mixer... i dont know where else i need to look)... thats the whole point...

The only multi-out VST i'm having trouble with here is the Virus Control VST - Sampletank works just fine with multiple outputs, for example (although that works with or without auto-pdc enabled so I don't know what that's all about)

• For the record, I have now downgraded to 4.5.3 and I now have multi outs again loading the exact same project. Clearly the problem has something to do with OS5.

Also the USB audio was very clicky and almost every time I loaded the project, the only way to fix it was to:

1. Set virus ti asio driver as audio device.
    2. Set the latency to 512 samples.
    3. Go back to my normal audio device.

Then the clicks and pops would stop every time.

This is why I don't usually bother reporting bugs as I usually spend the whole time getting told there is no problem and nothing gets fixed.

• I've just reinstalled OS5 to check (despite going back to OS4 being a real mission) and it doesn't give me a chance to tick anything... It just appears as normal but with only one stereo output.

Edit - I just trawled the registry to find anything about it and I found an entry, seemingly someone (who shall not be named) had dealt with this dialogue for me (and ticked dont ask again) without telling me.

But, in their defence, the dialogue doesn't make it look like you have a choice.

You don't 'tick' use stereo, you have to select 'use stereo' or 'cancel' which suggests you either use stereo or you dont use it at all.

Its completely unnecessary anyway as it's no sort of workaround as if you REALLY want to use auto-pdc then having further delayed inputs from the virus is better than having no inputs at all!

Also, it would be nice to have a 'don't tell me again' option for the buffer length message as I can't select a power of two buffer size and I have no problem with it, anyway - the number of times I have gone away whilst waiting for a long load time project to load and it's stuck on the first plugin telling me something I can do nothing about...