Virus Ti/ Ableton Live 8.2 Realtime Rendering

• After so many tutorials and reading posts, I still can´t configure my Virus ti 2 in Ableton Live.
    I´m working now the 4th day on it :-S

Always getting the following message, if I try to freeze or export audio:

"Offline rendering or freezing to disk of virus ti tracks is not supported"

I have virus ti in one midi track. Also a second midi track with "external instrument" which is routed to the Ti.
    In an audio track (routet to the ti) I record. After recording, when I want to export the audio-file for sample library, the message appears.
    Also the file I exported is longer or shorter, and different to the original.

Same happens when I try with "Resampling" option, in the audio track.

I´m on USB hubs

Thank u so much for help

• in other words ... when i recorded, like in my description above- the sample(wave) is fine, but I can´t export it in the library (or even freeze)
    If I try to do that, the error message appears. The result is different.

• Ableton Live does not support any realtime export option no matter where. This means all offline processes (freezing, export, resampling, etc.) are not supported by the TI and therefore cause this error message. This is normal and nothing that can be changed on our part. The TI is a hardware synth and therefore only can create its sound in realtime. You have to record the TI onto an audio track while playing back the Ableton Live session. There is no way around this.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• You have to record the TI onto an audio track while playing back the Ableton Live session

thanks for the reply ... this is what I make- I record in an audio track, but can´t export the file from there

• Are you sure you are recording audio and not MIDI?

Yes... I play the midi file in a midi track, which is routed to the Virus.
    I record in an audio track, which is routed to the virus (or switched in "Resampling")

The result (in the audio track) is ok, but I can´t export it (put in sample library)

:-S

• The description of your problem is a bit confusing.
    When you already have a (WAV) recording what is there to export? Same goes for freezing. Freezing an audio track doesn't really make sense. You use that with instruments mainly to save resources. Live basically records (renders) the track from MIDI to WAV. Your Virus recording already is in audio, ergo freezing doesn't make sense.

As I have not used Ableton in a few years, I'm a little rusty. But I remember an option in preferences which makes Live save/collect all media when you save the project. If my memory serves me correct ,material automatically appears in the library. BTW, when you use a Virus recording as a loop in Live, why don't you slice it to a new midi track. My guess is, there is some conflict or inconsistency in your workflow. As Live works with a temp folder/temp files (you can search for it, probably your Virus recordings can be found there), it is not unlikely that you want to create a file that already exists in some form or another. Because as the recording exists in the form of an audio file already, there should be little to no connection to the Virus itself. Or am I missing something?

There are many issues with Live's library/file handling, I think Live's most common complaint.. For me the main reason I ditched it. Security and commercialization of libraries seem more important than workflow and comfort. I've been a fan of ACID pro for many years, which in studio environment is so much easier to work with. It has always been underestimated as a DAW. Sadly the last years that product has been in a standstill, so it is very dated. Especially "modern" routing functions like side-chaining require a lot of time or simply are not possible. The file handling and import functions however are still without competition. A child of Live and Acid would be a killer DAW..[/offtopic]

• still working on this problem :-S

When you already have a (WAV) recording what is there to export?
    I want this wav recording to use as sample for other tracks, or to put effects on it etc.

here is a great tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…dex=10&feature=plpp_video
    at 16:30 he has the wav recorded in an audio track.
    I have the same result.
    But if I render this tfile, export audio or even try to consolidate I get the error message.

Freezing doesn´t make sense, that´s true

?(

• still can´t get it ...

I´ve done the first 2 steps from the following (clear) description: http://virus.info/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2066
    It means that I made the "Basic Setup" -> Instrument Rack, including "external instrument" and "virus ti2"; and all the settings like in the description.

After this, I record in an audio track, routed to the Virus (in this case to the Instrument Rack, including the virus)
    Now I have the Recording in the audio track, everything is fine.
    Ok after this I switch off the Virus, and export the audio file.
    As result I get an audio file (wav), which is longer then the original.

Same result when I directly export the "midi track" with the "external instrument + virus

Does anybody know this problem ?

gracias!!