Recording audio from my Virus Snow in soundcard mode

• Hey everyone,

I'm wondering how this should be done. With my Realtek card I often used it to record audio from stuff on Spotify and analyze it within either Ableton or Audacity. Now that I've got my Snow as my soundcard I can't seem to find that option. How should I do this without having to resort to cables?

Thanks!

• Entertainment grade sound cards usually give you the option to select the recording source. Professional sound cards usually have a utility where you can mix and patch/send the inputs and outputs. If I remember correctly, with the Virus, the analog inputs become the soundcard inputs for the computer, and nothing else. You can either physically connect the analog outs to the analog ins, or use your DAW or a lightweight VST host to record from VC, when it plays a static input based patch with no effects.

• Hey flabberbob, thanks for the reply. It's not necessarily that I want to record the sound generated by the Virus synth, I want to record general audio, such as Spotify when sampling music, when I'm using my virus as a soundcard. Indeed it only has the "in" as an available audiosource. So other than splitting my out to the in as well, I was wondering whether I could route it without resorting to cables.

• The answer he gave was "no", you need to use cables :)

Hey flabberbob, thanks for the reply. It's not necessarily that I want to record the sound generated by the Virus synth, I want to record general audio, such as Spotify when sampling music, when I'm using my virus as a soundcard. Indeed it only has the "in" as an available audiosource. So other than splitting my out to the in as well, I was wondering whether I could route it without resorting to cables.