Optimal setup with Virus Ti2 & Ableton [SOLVED]

• So I'm having a bit of problem with setting up my Virus Ti2 to work perfectly with Ableton,

The first problem is that I'm only able to get 4 parts with a setup I'm used from a tutorial ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2BVZD4F_LQ ),
    How do enable the rest of the parts, because apparently I cant select the rest of the parts in the audio tracks (I'm only able to chose up to "3-Virus TI" in audio from). Im using the 3 Out/1 Input setting.

Also in the tutorial he mentions the buffer size should be 128 or 256 samples, when i have that low buffer size the audio sounds REALLY bad, just noise basically. Whats up with this? I found that having less than 700~1000 gives me bad result in the audio quality.

I'm running the audio through my internal soundcard, is this something thats fine?
    I do have a external soundcard (Presonus Audiobox), but at the moment I don't have any cords to connect my virus to it - but if i got those and connected the virus to the external soundcard, would that improve the performance somehow?

Also when im using some apeggiator, a kickdrum and some other instrument, while browsning inside ableton the arpeg suddenly goes out of sync and the kickdrum gives off a clicking sound, when muting the arpeg/other instrument it the kickdrum goes back to normal...And when muting some other tracks except the arpegiator it also goes back to normal/or if you just leave it be it goes back into sync after a short duration, is this fixable? Is there something wrong with my setup? :(

I heard its not recommended that you connect the virus to a USB-hub on the PC, but a dedicated one, how do i figure out if the USB is dedicated or not? It's connected to my USB 3.0 Port (Have 2 of those).

Also right now something weird happened, in the virus ti instrument rack (control center for chosing parts), i pick a sound for the first part , and second part, when i switch between them only hear the sound for the first midi channel but the display information on the ti changes correctly, however, if i go to the midi editor it triggers the parts from there it acts correctly (i can hear the second sound)...

Thanks for the help advance, im a big noob at this so help is appreciated! :)

• I would strongly recommend to use the PreSonus sound card for this setup instead of an on-board sound card in your current PC. Even using the TI as a sound card would be better here, as this will allow you to set a buffer size of e.g. 512.

The TI does not have to be connected to the PreSonus audio card if the PreSonus device is used as the audio interface. The USB connection for the TI would still be sufficient in this case.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• As suggested above you should forget about any on-board audio devices. Depending your computer, they often aren't even real audio devices, in the sense that your CPU is doing all the work. Besides they usually do not come with asio drivers. Although there are generic alternatives (Asio4all), I wouldn't recommend it, when you have an alternative like your Presonus. On-board is ok for Youtube, but other than that... naaaa.
    When you set up your Presonus as your standard audio device in your DAW (Ableton), you can monitor the sound from your DAW with it. When you create a track with the Virus, the audio of the Virus is routed to the Presonus like a VST instrument (inside your DAW), so there is no need to connect the Virus to the Presonus with cables other than USB.
    This way all should work fine.

• As suggested above you should forget about any on-board audio devices. Depending your computer, they often aren't even real audio devices, in the sense that your CPU is doing all the work. Besides they usually do not come with asio drivers. Although there are generic alternatives (Asio4all), I wouldn't recommend it, when you have an alternative like your Presonus. On-board is ok for Youtube, but other than that... naaaa.
    When you set up your Presonus as your standard audio device in your DAW (Ableton), you can monitor the sound from your DAW with it. When you create a track with the Virus, the audio of the Virus is routed to the Presonus like a VST instrument (inside your DAW), so there is no need to connect the Virus to the Presonus with cables other than USB.
    This way all should work fine.

Yeah i managed to figure this out by myself but thanks for helping!

I had old drivers for my presonus, but with the latest i got the asio drivers and it works perfectly now, i also changed my usb port so all problems are resolved. =). Everything runs really smoothly now ,

You may close this thread