make plain Virus TI / Virus TI Snow *optional* install components

• Can we please have an option to *not* install Virus TI Snow stuff for users of (only) Virus TI, and vice versa? It seriously annoys me to have plugins, manuals, and template projects installed for which I have no use whatsoever. :(

˙ɯǝɥʇ ǝsooɥɔ ǝɯ ʇǝl ʇ,uoʍ ɯnɹoɟ pıdnʇs sıɥʇ ʇnq 'ɹǝɔuǝnbǝs puɐ SO ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ǝsn I

• Seriously?.......lol
    delete the VC version for the synth you dont have... quicker than writing a post complaining about it :D

Yes, seriously. :p

And no, it's not quicker at all. I have already had to delete that stuff dozens of times.

˙ɯǝɥʇ ǝsooɥɔ ǝɯ ʇǝl ʇ,uoʍ ɯnɹoɟ pıdnʇs sıɥʇ ʇnq 'ɹǝɔuǝnbǝs puɐ SO ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ǝsn I

• i don't have Live in front of me right now but in other hosts you can simply deselect a plug-in in preferences and it will not show up anymore.
    marc

Obviously you did not understand my question, so let me rephrase it.

The problem is that you are *forcing* the user to install components which should be optional. It has nothing to do with any particular host, nor with hiding installed components. I simply do not wish to have the plugins, manuals and tutorials *installed* because they are useless to me, only because Access Music is too lazy or sloppy to provide a decent install procedure.

[Blockierte Grafik: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/876736/AccessVirus/InstallerComponentsShouldBeOptional.jpg]

Why are these checkboxes greyed out, without the user having an option to uncheck them?

• It's not a huge problem & they don't really take up much disc space, however, if you just can't cope with them being there then make your way to

Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components

&

Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > VST

& simply delete the Virus TI Snow. To remove all traces of the manuals, navigate your way to

Macintosh HD > Library > Documentation > Access Music > Virus TI

& delete any unwanted manuals.

• It's not a huge problem & they don't really take up much disc space, however, if you just can't cope with them being there then […]

Thanks, but I already know perfectly well *how* to delete things from my system. (You shouldn't assume I have named my system partition "Macintosh HD", and you forgot the tutorials. :P )

And, again, that is not what I'm asking for. If you read my previous posts, you should have noticed I already deleted those files many times. Which is exactly what's bothering me. If you don't care about it, good for you, but I still do. Indeed, it's not a huge problem by itself. Reluctance to address it is a completely different matter though.

• Sorry dude, I was just trying to be helpful & you are correct I hadn't read your posts properly which is why I hadn't seen that you have already deleted these things dozens of times already.

About your naming system for your drives, you could have called them Ethel & Hilda for all I care but I would assume you would know where to go on your system if you were directed towards Macintosh HD just like I would also assume you would know where to look if the directory began with ~

I'll probably go & shoot myself in the face now because I forgot about the tutorials…

Peace

• No need to start shooting yourselves, my friends. Your attempts to help are appreciated. :)

However, I'm obviously doing something wrong in my attempts to get a constructive response, and I don't know how to spell out the issue more clearly than I already did. Should I be directing my question elsewhere, perhaps?