trouble getting the virus on time with Akai MPC Renaissance software

• You should be a bit more specific about your setup here...
    Are you using the ren as a vst host for VC ?.. that and attempting to bounce the tracks?, using VC but recording Virus audio out?.. it may be that the ren does not have automatic delay compensation, or that there are midi sync issues from the ren to VC

• So far I have just been using the renaissance software as the daw. I havent tryied the renaissance softwre as a plug in on any other program yet. You are correct about one thing though. The renaissance doesnt have delay compensation yet. Hopefully it will in the futer. But that still doesnt explain how the renaissance playes all other vst intruments on time though. Also i have owned the virus ti for about 2 years now and now that I think about, I dont remember ever getting this thing to work correctly in any DAW. (protools 9, ableton, and now akai). :cursing:

• It may be advisable to work through the issues with ableton or PT ..given you should get help here on the board, and along the way you may better understand the bucket of issues with bouncing.
    If you are going to persist with a solution for the Ren.. why not treat the Ti like any other h/w synth and try to record audio rather than bouncing ..that may help?

So far I have just been using the renaissance software as the daw. I havent tryied the renaissance softwre as a plug in on any other program yet. You are correct about one thing though. The renaissance doesnt have delay compensation yet. Hopefully it will in the futer. But that still doesnt explain how the renaissance playes all other vst intruments on time though. Also i have owned the virus ti for about 2 years now and now that I think about, I dont remember ever getting this thing to work correctly in any DAW. (protools 9, ableton, and now akai). :cursing:

• Hi bobrob76,

Just wondering, how does the Virus work in multitimberal mode on the MPC Renaissance? Does the MPC Ren allow you to sequence all 16 parts of the Virus and knob automation?

I figure Akai will address the delay compensation in one of their future updates, I hope so. As for me I stupidly bought Native Instruments Maschine thinking I could use the Virus in multi mode within Maschine, turns out thats a no go..

• it is a simple enough matter to launch VC in a VST host program.. and simply treat the Virus like an external synth..so while its annoying, its not insurmountable :)

Hi bobrob76,

Just wondering,how does the Virus work in multitimberal mode on the MPC Renaissance? Does the MPC Ren allow you to sequence all 16 parts of the Virus and knob automation?

I figure Akai will address the delay compensation in one of their future updates, I hope so. As for me I stupidly bought Native Instruments Maschine thinking I could use the Virus in multi mode within Maschine, turns out thats a no go..

• Please Access/Jorg provide MPC Renaissance driver for Virus TI it would be the greatest thing sense sliced bread or even better a stand alone editor. Maybe iPad editor app? Maybe this year at NAMM? Granted The MPC DAW is not as widely used as Pro Tools but the population is big and growing.
    Anyone using a kit with a MPC Ren and Virus TI Im happy to share notes to help and learn being I have chosen to convert my rig down to just these two bits of gear as the hub of my rig.

• Please Access/Jorg provide MPC Renaissance driver for Virus TI it would be the greatest thing sense sliced bread or even better a stand alone editor. Maybe iPad editor app? Maybe this year at NAMM? Granted The MPC DAW is not as widely used as Pro Tools but the population is big and growing.
    Anyone using a kit with a MPC Ren and Virus TI Im happy to share notes to help and learn being I have chosen to convert my rig down to just these two bits of gear as the hub of my rig.

I have an Akai Ren that I have loaded Virus control in. Works fine except for one thing. The Ren does not output midi clock over usb at this time. I'm using 1.5 latest version. This is a problem when arps, delays and lfo's drift out of sync. The midi clock/usb issue is supposed to be resolved in a future update.