Turning off power causes noise when in standby?

• I plug my Virus into a power supply just like all the gear in my studio. When I'm not using it, it's in standby/sleep mode. When I shut the studio down for the day I switch off the power supply racks so nothing is on at all. Then when I come in the next day and switch the power supply back on, the Virus is emanating some kind of noise. I can tell because the meters on my board are moving. To cure it I have to physically unplug the Virus and plug it back in for it to go back to normal.

What's going on?

• I had a buzz from the Virus once when i was unplug/plugging it in but it was not permanent.. 0.5secs or so. It may be that the Virus is responding badly to a power surge.. if any of your power supplies have a delayed outlet try that..

• Hmm.. Not sure what's going on. The noise starts and surges in about 2 second intervals until I unplug it. then replug it.

• I'm no electrician, but I agree with Mystic38. My money would be on the power supply rack as the culprit. Probably the circuit is not completely broken, when switched off. Through ground or some other internal common connection. Using an extension cord for the Virus with an on/off switch should solve that problem.