Windows 8 Support

• Has anyone had any luck getting the Virus Control Center to work on Windows 8 Pro?
    The VST itself seems to work okay but in general I would summarize to say that the latest version online is not compatible with Windows 8. I ultimately had to restore the image I had of Windows 7. Obviously I realize Windows 8 was just released on Friday and I knew better than to upgrade so soon. :) Hopefully the guys at Access Music are working on a Win 8 compatible version soon *nudge*

• How did you install windows 8? I ask because a friend of mine upgraded (as opposed to a fresh install) and almost all of the installed software still worked and the apps that didn't works fine after being reinstalled.

• I did an upgrade as well. You know, I actually didn't try a reinstall but it's ok, I had another, what I consider "music critical app" that definitely didn't work so I had to roll back anyway. I'm waiting on an updated driver for that particular peice of gear so once that's released, I'll upgrade again. Maybe by then Access will either have the final version of OS 5 out or a reinstall of the app will do the trick.

• OP, I did a lot of DAW benchmarks between Win 7 and Win 8 RTM (both 64-bit), on four different audio interfaces (including my Virus TI Desktop, running OS 4.5) and found that the audio interface (or specifically, the audio interface's drivers) has a lot to do with how well things work on Win 8. Two of my interfaces did really poorly on Win 8 (both after a Win7->Win8 upgrade install and also after a fresh Win 8 install on a separate partition), where as the other two worked pretty well. The Virus, in fact, was the only interface I tested that didn't suffer any performance reduction at all on Windows 8. The other three all suffered at least a little bit.

Other than simply using the audio interface feature of the Virus, though, I have no idea. I'm sticking to Win 7 for the foreseeable future.