volume access virus ti vst very low ...?????

• Hello All.

I've encountered a problem with my Virus TI 1 desktop

My problem is this, when I load up my Virus TI vst in fl studio 10 and i play a patch the Volume is VERY low , My other vst plugin's example Nexus or vanguard they are higher volume .
    I've tried everything with no luck & was wondering if someone could please help me out as I'm new to using this synth.
    When i use the access virus ti vst/plugin in fl 10 , then i cannot use the main volume on my access desktop is this normal ...????
    I'm using the Virus TI by connecting it via USB into my pc ( intel 7 quadqore )

All help appreciated :)

• This is by design... not a problem..
    The increase in gain caused by FX and the ability to produce 16 parts means that each part should not be too loud..otherwise there would be severe distortion in the TI output...this is called gain staging. Simply reduce the relative gain of all other tracks in the daw to mix and then turn up the output gain in your DAW for volume..
    when you are using the TI as a VST you are using the USB audio, hence the volume control will nopt work..that is the volume control for main outs.. not usb outs.

• This is by design... not a problem..
    The increase in gain caused by FX and the ability to produce 16 parts means that each part should not be too loud..otherwise there would be severe distortion in the TI output...this is called gain staging. Simply reduce the relative gain of all other tracks in the daw to mix and then turn up the output gain in your DAW for volume..
    when you are using the TI as a VST you are using the USB audio, hence the volume control will nopt work..that is the volume control for main outs.. not usb outs.

Not to forget that the majority of this problem is the fact that most virtual instruments are actually TOO loud, they should be turned down..

• Not to forget that the majority of this problem is the fact that most virtual instruments are actually TOO loud, they should be turned down..

lol..i actually added that but took it out before i posted as i didnt want to confuse the issue... but agreed 100%.. two that I use frequently, Maschine and Z3ta, both run very hot.

• it seems there is a raging loudness war among software plugins, most presets on Sylenth1 for example, if the channel is set to 0db would be clipping by default... not a good feature for production, considering you need to typically turn everything down in order for it to make sense, but it does make a great impression at first, you open up the plugin and you have a killer sounding patch with loads of effects on it at an insane volume. The same thing happens somehow with hardware, on most rompler workstations, presets are designed to impress you in a shop with headphones on, not to actually sound any good in a mix. OK, it's just a matter of tweaking them a bit and making them more polite, but considering the difficulties in editing a sound on a machine like that, which is not a hands-on synth with lots of knobs, but a monster with menus and submenus, where, unlike in a synth, presets are essential, that just makes them, or at least some of them kinda useless, The Virus here keeps being a properly professional machine, with little bells and whistles, Most people would be blown away by the sound of a Motif and be left indifferent by a Virus, but the market for the Virus isn't composed of those people :D good enough some of them buy one just the same, and we find awesome instruments at bargain prices in the used market