device not started

• I have been having issues with my virus TI desktop and have tried everything I can possibly think of to get it to connect to my computer. The problem started when I unplugged it for a day or so and then switched it back on. I use windows 7 64 bit and haven't really had any problems with it up till now. When I connect my TI it tries to install the driver and then comes up with a message box in windows saying that the device driver has failed to install and in the device manager it says that the device cannot start. When I load up the control center it says that no virus TI can be found and only recognizes the device when I boot the TI in update mode, at which point I am able to talk to the device and the Virus TI USB driver is shown as installed in the device manager. As soon as I exit the control center, the USB Driver stops working and the virus disconnects its self from the PC. If I load up the plugin, in say Ableton, It just comes up with an error saying that the virus is not connected. I have tried Re-upgrading/repairing my windows 7 instillation, but this has had no affect on improving the situation and all of the above problems are still occurring. I have also tried re-installing and upgrading the driver, but this also has had had no effect. I have just ordered a new copy of windows 8 in the hope that this will solve the issue, but if anyone can help in the meantime I would sure appreciate it.

thank you.