2 questions about how to change things on the hardware (Patch Name & Mod Matrix editing)

• Hey,

for some time now I was wondering how I actually can save a new patch on my Virus TI2 without using my Mac and TI plugin. If I want to store it in the RAM banks, e.g. RAM D, Patch #127, how do I actually edit the name of the patch and store it? What buttons/knobs do I have to push/turn to enter the letters and save the patch to that slot #127?

I know I hit "Store", choose the Destination RAM Bank, the Patch No., but then what? How do I edit the Name and save that?

My second problem is about the Mod Matrix on the hardware unit - How do I enter a 2nd or 3rd row into the same mod slot?

For example, I select Mod Slot 2 by pressing "Mod Select" twice, then next to the display I choose my targets and mod amount for row 1 in slot 2 (e.g. LFO 1 bipolar / -35 / Filter 1 Resonance). But then, if I want to edit row 2 and 3 of the same mod slot, it just moves the mod source (LFO 1 bipolar) from row 1 to row 2 when I hit "Destination" or "Parameters" and deletes that source from row 1.

What buttons do I have to push to keep row 1 and proceed to editing row 2 and 3 on my hardware unit?

For both parts, I have probably not pushed every button and moved every knob, just the ones that seem to be useful for this matter - but none gave me the desired outcome :)

Maybe someone can walk me through the necessary steps.

Thanks! :thumbup:

• Renaming a patch: While storing, after selecting the RAM destination, press "parameter >" (right arrow), then use the parameter arrows to move between the letters and the soft knobs to change the letters themselves.
    "Moving" modulation source: This has no importance, all three slots will get the same source anyway, you can tell by the arrows above/below the source.