Virus TI -- stuck midi notes which sustain endlessly

• Hi guys,

Just purchased a new Virus TI Desktop and am controlling it the way it was designed to be used via Virus Control as a plug-in within my DAW. Everything works fine aside from the typical clicks/pops/sync errors which are annoying but I can live with them because everyone else has the same problems and nobody can solve the issue, blah blah blah. My problem is simpler than that:

I've got the MIDI OUT on a MicroKorg connected to the MIDI IN on my Virus TI Desktop, assuming it wouldn't be an issue to want to play the new 3k hardware synth I just bought with actual keys -- naturally with Virus Control simultaneously running in Logic, right? I want to press keys on the MicroKorg, I want the Virus TI to send audio down the USB cable into Logic, and I want to control the Virus TI parameters either on the physical synth or by automating them in Logic. Easy concept.

Here's the kicker:

Every 1 out of 10 notes I play (with NO sustain pedal connected to the MicroKorg) get "stuck" and sustain endlessly until I hit spacebar and tell Logic to START or STOP which somehow ends the madness. I'm simply playing the Virus TI down the chain, not even recording my performance and this happens every few notes. The Virus TI OS is up to date, I've checked the manual, Logic MIDI settings, forums, the MIDI cable, the whole spiel, etc.

-Only one note gets stuck at a time and will not stop until I stop/play Logic
    -Notes get stuck intermittently with multiple external keyboard controllers -- I've tried controlling the Virus TI with more than one external MIDI keyboard and same issue
    -Checked the MIDI cable
    -Logic 9.1.8
    -MacBook Pro 10.7.5

Am I missing something? Am I over-thinking what should be incredibly easy and intuitive? Am I losing my mind? Is the Virus TI randomly not receiving MIDI NOTE OFF messages?

Everything I'm doing is so standard and usual... I can't be the only one with this issue. Endless thanks!

• Since there are pops and crackle, it only makes sense that some MIDI data gets lost as well (i.e. note offs). You need to find a better USB port to connect the Virus to, and if none can be found, you should check the system profiler to see with which internal device the Virus is sharing bandwidth (bluetooth? IR receiver?).
    Hope this helps.

• About "stuck notes":

I have had some stuck notes with my TI2 Polar with just playing it. Virus isn't connected to anything (neither with USB nor MIDI). I am a live player mostly, so this is very annoying problem (and in fact the only real serious problem I have with Virus. Other minor ones I can tolerate in not-perfect world). It's not happening very often but often enough. I have new beta OS5, is it something which comes from it?

Anybody else having this? How about other live players here?

One thing to mention: I use multi-mode when playing live...

EDIT: I have had "stuck notes" maybe once in 3 hour gig but this one time is enough and very embarrassing. It's something which simply isn't acceptable. I try to make my living by playing...

• Definitely might be a beta OS5 bug.

Did some experimenting. For some reason plugging my USB MIDI controller directly into the computer via USB and playing the Virus TI that way is a workaround for the stuck MIDI note issue which puzzles me because the ACCESS manual says in its first few pages, that if you want to dive right into making music, just plug a MIDI cable into the TI Desktop and go. I tried using the analog outs on the Virus and still had the same issue because I was still firing MIDI notes via the MIDI IN on the back of the synth -- so there must be some anomaly with my specific rig (which is far from "unique" to be honest because I'm using a Virus TI, Logic, and a USB controller) and I guess that's just the way it is. Anyway, another USB port on my hub is occupied by my USB controller and that's a fair trade to be able to play the Virus TI without losing my mind. Onward.

• Maybe irrelevant, but for me , Disconnecting from the net when I attempt to produce ended all my problems .. it was caused by a domino effect with the NI audio 6 interface , which anytime the interface buffered/glitched for a split second , would make virus freeze (the sustained note ,1 out 10 as mentioned) forcing a restart .. only when I disconnect from the internet does my interface behave itself - In return so does the virus !

not many mentions about audio interfaces that could be to do peoples problems

Why should I have to disconnect from the internet for my interface to behave ? God knows , but it’s does the job !

Windows 10