Weird Virus TI problem solved

• Hi,

I just wanted you to know this weird Virus TI2 desktop problem I had and how it was solved.

All of a sudden, when I load up the Virus plug-in in Cubase Artist 6.5.3. 64-bit, the trackpad and mousepointer of my Macbook pro i7 2011 on OSX 10.6.8 became slower and completely unusable in the end. When I plugged out the Virus' USB cable from it's dedicated USB port, the trackpad became usable again. Somehow the Virus was bugging my USB ports. I tried Arp-edit reboots, re-upload the latest TI OS several times etc, even SMC reset on the Mac without any results. Also Access support was giving me advice (within a day, thanks!) but no result. I was this close from selling the unit.

Then, I noticed a buzzing sound coming from the Virus' power adaptor. It was also very hot. I replaced the power adaptor with another one (from a digital photoframe for crying out loud) and I could load up the plugin without any problems!! Fully functional, as I was used to in the beginning!

It seemed the Virus power supply was broken and bugged my Mac's USB ports and trackpad.

Regards,
    Daan