A Wishlist

• It would be very useful to have a simple volume boost in the distortion section. When working on delicate pads the sound can be very low and there is currently no way to simply boost the level when all other levels are at full without colouring the sound in some way.
    • LFO/Envelope Retriggers as MOD destinations so that the ARP or external CC etc... could cause them to restart.
    • Quantized pitch as a MOD destination for forcing values to semitones, octaves, 5ths etc..
    • Probably seriously wishful thinking... but it would be great to have some polyphonic ARP modes which just act as a gate sequencer, much like chord mode except each sequence restarts on a new key so that the sequences syncopate.
    • ARP - Hard quantize mode, so that the ARP waits for the next valid clock before beginning.
    • The ability to use the phaser LFO to control the Filterbank so that you don't have to tie up LFO 3 for this purpose.
    • Interpolated Comb Filter in the Filter section.
    • An easy way to import/export Multi Presets from the VST Plugin, even if this simply on the load/store menu.
    • Fix the timing/latency issues. Seems like this may not happen on affected systems, but it struck me that an alternative way around this problem would be to have a mode in the VC where it simply acts as a controller/editor for the Virus. Ie it uses the Virus USB midi but only to update parameters/presets so that essentially it is like using the virus as hardware using it's external outputs for sound (without the latency issue). To recap, the virus works flawlessly as hardware, so for those having latency/sync issues as I do, it would allow having the ease of editing, instant recall of presets AND ultra tight timing. At the moment my timing is very laggy using VC and not pleasurable to play but I put up with it for the benefits of VC. I do hope this will be resolved in some way in the future.

I think that will do for now, I may add more later. I'll add the obligatory 'I love my Virus' line here, cos I do.

EDIT: Forgot about repeatable Envelopes, that would be nice too.

• One major obstacle - Access would have to increase the number of modulation matrix destinations by introducing some kind of MSB to the destination value. How would that work with the existing range of the soft knobs? Well, a coarse/fine scanning mode can be employed with the use of the shift button, or maybe the knob and value buttons could function differently in this special case.
    The envelope/LFO retrigger is a great idea. I can see how it can be implemented. First you have to extend the available types of envelopes and LFO-s to free-running, env-note-on, env-note-off and retrigger only. Then, when a retrigger-xxx (xxx stands for an envelope or LFO name) destination is selected, the sent values are monitored for crossing down the "64" threshold (in a 0-127 range). This means that whenever a value larger than 64 is followed by a value which is 64 or less, a retrigger will be issued. An upwards crossing will not have that effect, in fact, hysteresis can be applied in that direction, maybe even up to 70, to avoid unwanted retriggers due to value jitter. The only problem is telling between cannel wide retriggers and note wide retriggers (e.g. issued from per-note envelopes). Well, maybe we can start with just the LFO-s and channel wide retriggers.
    A very nice use for it could be to trigger bass drum (sweeps) with the assignable pedal.

• "A phrase recorder"

A phrase recorder like the alesis micron and/or akai miniak will be a great thing for the virus!
    You can create a simple phrase in seconds, save and play transposing in the key you want... excellent for bass lines for example.