Anyone got the new December 2012 iMac and using with Ti?

• As above, I have a new 27" iMac coming in Jan 2013.

I wondered if anyone at Access has been able to test whether they work ok with the Virus Ti?

iMac has 4 x USB3 ports whereas my MBP has 2 x USB2 so I hope the extra number of ports will help my set up with 7 USB devices to hook up.

cheers, Simon

• Still have to load up the Ti software, but Logic and the iMac are going fine now. It was a 3rd party plug that corrupted things. Got rid of it and all ok.

So for me Mountain Lion and Logic have been ok.

New iMac is super fast.

• Ok, loaded up the Ti this afternoon and have spent a little while trying to get it set up with Logic 9.1.8 and the new iMac.

The new iMacs have 4 x USB 3 slots. I use an iLok for plugin authorisation and there was a message saying the virus and the ilok may cause issues. The way round this appeared to be using a Belkin hub. No chnage in the USB slot for the Virus but using the hub on the same slot meant I no longer got the warning message.

Everything loaded up ok on to the iMac.

Seems stable.

Arps synch ok [ tip - don't use channel 1 for arps]

So far so cautiously good.

:)

• Jorg is investigating Logic set up preferences etc and has a project of mine that demonstrates the issues.

I think having bought an A&H Zed R-16 so I can use the physical outputs from the Virus to alleviate the USB load this is the last throw of the dice to get it all working with VC.

Having ignored the Virus for a good few months having got sick of the timing issues I am now mentally prepared to just use it with standard midi cables.

I'll report back, guess Access crew are off to NAMM now?

• Been working through every suggestion Jorg has made around trying to resolve the sync issues with no success unfortunately.

Virus will be set up today with just midi cables. Shame. It's been a real workflow hindrance for the entire time I've had it though so enough is enough.

• Well i have now received my imac and have not set it up yet. The new imacs have no firewire ports. Apple offers a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter; However i just learned that the thunderbolt bus power is very low and cannot power Bus Powered devices. I have a Motu UltraLite that will now need to be run via power adapter, which i dont have so thats $30 including shipping from Motu. Plus $30 for the apple adapter.

Eh.

I'll report how Ableton is working out...

• Here! and for me its working normal as usual.
    I need time to do more tests.

And for me the thunderbolt port do the job with my old Apogee Duet and i use 2 adapters: thunderbolt to firewire and firewire 800 to 400 adapter and finally i connect the Duet.[/font][/font]