Virus TI Organization of sounds

• I have a bunch of sounds littered randomly accross my RAM section, How do I pluck all those sounds and put them in a ROM section like ROM Z.... I don't want to put every sound in from my RAM in to ROM Z, just the sounds with KO on the end... They are not in consecutive order. Many thanks!

• This is how I would do it:

• Connect the Virus to a computer which has the TI software suite installed, via the USB cable.
    • Bring up VC in your DAW of choice and go to the browser window.
    • Create a new empty .mid bank file (pretend that you are going to save a sound and then scroll to the bottom of the first bank/folder list).
    • Open the new bank in the BOTTOM broser window.
    • In the TOP browser window, type ko in the edit box near the magnifying glass icon, then press enter.
    • From the list of patches that appear as a result of that search, you can pick the ones you want to copy to the bottom window. The new bank file will be updated on the fly.
    • When done copying, exit the DAW, and bring up the VCC utility instead.
    • Use VCC to burn the new bank you have created to the ROM destination of your choice.

Good luck!

• The "init" sound that comes up when starting the Virus TI plugin, for instance, plays both oscillators at the same time (oscillator balance is set to the middle position). This results in a slight modulation of the sounds between the 2 oscillators, since OSC2 Detune parameter is slightly pulled up in the init patch. This is normal.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• It is not possible to "burn" RAM banks with the "burn to flash" feature in the Virus Control Center. This is because RAM and ROM are different types of storage.
    The only option here is to manually copy the "init" patch onto RAM patches you want to override.
    I personally would not bother with this and simply always select the "init" sound when starting to program a patch and then start overwriting patches from A001 on.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner