Strange bender behavior

• Hi,

While doing my newest project with Virus (OS5) and Logic this problem has been there few times:

For some reason Polar keyboard seems gets crazy with upper bender range. Suddenly I can notice that bender does not reach the highest value when turning it up. For example, if preset has +12 bender range up Polar gets somewhere near 10 semitones. Downwards it seems to be ok. My first idea was that my brand new Polar is having hardware problem with bender. But now I am not sure anymore: resetting Polar makes it ok again and it can work well quite long. Also, I haven't noticed any problem when I use it as just synth without DAW connection. It can be there still, cause I don't use bender very much. Anyway at least it seems that bender can't be totally broken cause resetting Virus helps...

Btw with this project, I did not bother trying to use TI-plugin because of those latency and synchronizing problems. So this time I am using Virus via USB midi.

Anybody having anything similar or having any idea what might be the problem here?

P.S. I must say that I am beginning to feel quite disappointed with my first Virus. I wasn't expecting it to be perfect in everything but now there are too many problems here and there: spdif problematic, occational hanging notes, latency and sync issues and now this bender. Am I having a bad unit or is it like this?

• TSBENSE

By "latching" do you mean that you have hanging notes issue? And to be precise, how does your bender misbehave? Is it like mine which gets crazy just upwards and resetting helps for a while? And do you have this issue in Logic / other DAW or even without usb-connection to computer. These might help us to define the problem; is it OS or hardware related? Does it need Logic to happen?

Thx

• About my bender problem:

"Bender goin crazy"-issue happens also outside DAW and now it seems that it happens also even without usb-connection to computer. It does not happen all the time so I have wait to see it happen. But when it does, only thing to fix it it resetting.

I contacted to support but no any answer yet how to proceed. I really hope that Access will give me some idea, if this is hardware issue or more likely OS-bug. In former case I have to start to think sending it back.

Whole thing with my brand new Polar starts to became more and more frustrating. Great sound but problems problems problems...

(And reading this forum makes me see that I am not the onlyone. Come on, this was voted for best synth of the year!)

• Still waiting for an answer from Access support...

They kindly ask us to contact them whenever we have problems, but how long normally does it take for them to answer? There was of course all these holiday times between and I did not expect anything to happen at that time.

( flabberbob: yes, I checked my spam folder)