Problem Problem Problem.....

• Problem of Sync
    Problem of Audio Crash (Digital Noise)
    Problem of Sync lost need to stop and start again
    Some Sound seems to do not want to be played with sequencer but with keyboard....
    Crash of the vst when browsing sounds
    Sometimes the VST don't send anymore sounds.

Just problem - Lost of Time - Lost of Cash...

VERY UPSET

I'm thinking of seilling my virus, after two months ...

• Hi,

I can understand your frustration and yes, there are some issues they have to be fixed! But, although I'm also a very critical person that agree with the most points (async of seq. when using the VST in the DAW), I would never sell my Access Virus Ti2 and my Ti Snow! After I got my Ti-Snow for 2 years, I bought another Ti2 without selling the Snow ;) I almost use the Virus in the way that works well for me. So, I unfortunately never use Arps and Sequences of the Virus. But there are almost workarounds: When I create an Arp, I record the Midi notes and arrange them as I need. Sequences I create in my DAW and the modulation curves as well! You will never find an alternative synth for that price with this wide spectrum of sounds and the high flexibility to use it with the DAW (full Midi implementation). There is a very high number of sounds (presets) available and it is very easy to save and organize them! I can tell you from my perspective, that the Virus Ti is the best one and hopefully a new update will fix the timing issues with the Arps and sequences using the VST in the DAW (Ableton Live). Also number of voices when using it in unison mode is quickly exhausted, but still, my CPU has enough power left to load a nice VST-synth from another company ;) All that you can consider. But, do what you want to do! Because of people like you, I got my Virus Ti2 for a good price ;)

All the best

• I'm agree with you for almost everything but i think you didn't red what i say

I buy virus for exactly the same thing , huge sounds.........

I don't care about the arp

But when you have a big digital crush no it's not possible
    My speaker don't like them and my ears too...

Too much problem,
    for me it was a lot month of economy to buy this gear

And for the update I red a part of the forum, it seems that it took a long time to come....

;(;(;(

• CtrlZ: If I had to guess where the problem is coming from, I would say that you connected the Virus to a port that shares its bandwidth with something else. But let's check this in a logical order:

• First, check your Virus in standalone mode. Connect your MIDI controller directly using a MIDI cable, and listen with headphones or connect it (directly or indirectly) to monitors. Play with it for a while, see if the crashing sounds re-appear, and also see how much sound design you can do without VC.
    • Check the Virus with all your computer's USB ports, one by one. If you know your computer's OS well, you can use its tools to see how the HW configuration changes as you plug the Virus in and out. If it seems like there is no good USB port, try to connect the Virus to an external USB hub, and connect the hub to the computer.
    • Check to see if there are newer versions for your computer's HW derivers (especially motherborad, chipset, USB etc.). In Windows systems that have been around for a while, it is sometimes a good idea to perform an OS re-installation. it will not change anything, but it will clean up some mess other installations have left behind.

Hope this helps!

• But when you have a big digital crush no it's not possible
    My speaker don't like them and my ears too...

Too much problem,
    for me it was a lot month of economy to buy this gear

And for the update I red a part of the forum, it seems that it took a long time to come....

let me just point out two things: the update is out and it will not help you. we haven't fixed a single crash condition in a long time. if you virus does crash on a frequent basis, please contact support and they will check against a hardware problem.
    i know that's not an immediate solution but hopefully it helps nevertheless
    best, marc

• Ah, now I see. I've got also big problems with Audio Crash (Digital Noise), but I thought it comes from a CPU overload and or my Firewire Soundcard (Edirol FA 101). The USB connection for the Virus Ti2 is next to this Firewire connection and like all Notebooks it becomes hot in that area. When this Audio Crash with slowing down the tempo and extreme distorted sound occurs, it seems to help when I move the Firewire cable. I'm not sure if this is the source of the problem. I never tried to work without the Virus in order to check if the problem comes from this gear. It's a good idea to check out other USB ports. For the Virus Ti2, I use the single port on the left side of my notebook. On the back side I've got three another USB ports connected to hub (hub is connected to 4 devises) and the other two USB ports are also in use with several devises. I'm not sure if changing all the USB connections will bring that much advances?

• Your PC/Mac is to blame... not the Virus.. check your set up, re-install windows/or mac OS, try again... i have never had issues with virus and 99% of time peoples problems are simply at their own hardware end...sorry but its true!!! 8)

Well, it is no secret that the weakness of the Virus family when connected to a Mac or PC via USB, is that there should be no other devices sharing the USB connection. With my setup, this is not possible to do (the iLok dongle, my Wacom tablet that I need to use because using a mouse kill my hand, etc.), and the only way I can use the Virus is to treat it as an analogue synthesizer and send MIDI via a MIDI cable, use analogue cables to get the sound out of the box and into my mixer. This is a pity, because the Virus is such a beautiful thing! I wonder why the Virus need all of the bandwidth. My brilliant Maschine (from Native Instruments) is happily sharing the USB bus with several other devices, and it never complains... So, please Access Music, is this the best you can do? ?(

• I wonder why the Virus need all of the bandwidth. My brilliant Maschine (from Native Instruments) is happily sharing the USB bus with several other devices, and it never complains...

The Virus streams raw audio back to the VC plugin which buffers it and then gives it to the DAW. This gives USB a hard time on 2 levels: (1) The Virus is USB1.1 compliant. Newer computers sporting USB2 and 3 ports don't always handle the backward compatibility well, especially when 2 or more USB1.1 devices are connected to ports which converge to the same internal hub. (2) If the virus uses a port that shares an internal hub with USB devices that generate heavy data transfers (such as external drives), those transfers can delay the Virus' audio stream so much that even VC's buffer cannot help. Once the stream stops being sample accurate you start hearing those crackles and pops. On the other hand if I remember correctly the Maschine uses the USB just as a control surface does, while the audio processing is done by the Maschine plugin using your computer's CPU.
    So what do you do? First, you have to get to know your computer better - I understand that you're using a mac, so bring up your system profiler and see how the different internal and external USB devices are spread between the internal hubs and of which type they are. Maybe you can find a port that doesn't share it's hub with another USB1.1 and/or bandwidth hungry device. Maybe you can arrange one if you disable an internal on-board USB device you are not using anyway such as a camera or a bluetooth interface. Another trick is to use an external hub between the port and the Virus to do the USB1.1-to-2 translation for the computer, mitigating backward compatibility issues. Oh, and another thing - you don't have to use all 3 stereo pairs of USB audio - change VC's mode to 2 out/no in, and it will use less bandwidth.