problem with midi and rme ucx

• Hi all!

I am having a strange problem with midi output of my rme ucx audio interface and midi input of a virus ti 2 desktop. When i am sending midi to virus via rme midi output it will sound with a low pitch sound full of crackles and noises (i am monitoring analog outputs of the virus).

As a test, i have sent midi via rme to other gears like moog, and all work just fine. Also, as a test, i have sent midi via a master keyboard connected directly to the virus midi input, and now it works fine. So someone could help me to understand why virus doesn't work when i send midi via rme midi output? I have no idea, it is just midi!

ps: this is for a live application (where i don't want to use virus control plugin). Virus control plugin is working fine, but i want to use it only to create music.

Really thanks in advance in advance for any help!

• I found that this is not a problem of virus, but the ucx using firewire drivers. If i use it via usb then virus works normal when i send midi from the ucx . I don't know if someone using ucx via firewire could give me any feedback on this, i am having only problems using it via firewire on osx (no problems on windows 7 instead).