Access Virus Snow .... vs .... Access Virus TI?

• Hey all!

I have been thinking about getting a Virus for a very long time now, but first I gonna need some answers:)

I'm just wondering what the main differences are between the ''Access Virus Snow'' and the ''Access Virus TI'' (Note: Not TI2)

1. If compared with the TI2 (Snow vs TI2), i have read that it has more power, the ability to have more voices, more inputs and so on.
    But what about the TI (note: Not TI2) compared to the SNOW?

2. And can both these synths (Access virus SNOW and TI ) be used in my sequencer as a plugin? If so... Is there any differences visually and technically in the interface between these models?
    For example does any model have more knobs or possibilities than the other, or do they function the same in the ''Plugin mode''.

I know that the SNOW synth has fewer knobs but I will only be using it in the sequencer (Plugin mode in Cubase7), so that wont be a problem. I won't even touch it:)
    And I do not play live so I don't need the Keyboard version either.

So basicly what is more worth getting for a home studio guy? Access Virus Snow, or Access Virus TI?
    Btw for the moment the TI2 is not up for discussion, so don't mention it:) I need to talk to Mitt Romney first if you know what I mean ;)

• OK, lets start by comparing the TI and the TI2 - if you ignore the new paint job, they run the same software and offer exactly the same capabilities, except for a small difference in the computing power - the TI2 employs a redesigned motherboard that allows to squeeze a little more power (hence a little more voices under same MIDI arrangement) from the 2 DSP-s inside, a kind of a load balancing thing that makes the whole greater than the sum of its parts. The problem is that the TI-s are no longer manufactured, so when you do get one it would probably be without warranty, so I recommend you at least try before you buy.
    Just to correct one statement you made, the TI-s and the Snow all offer one stereo line input. But the TI-s offer 3 analog stereo outputs + a separate headphones out that copies out1. The snow on the other hand has only one analog stereo output that double-plays as a headphones out as well (can't have both at the same time).
    USB/plugin-wise, they run with different plugins, but both offer the same functionality. The only difference is that since the Snow can only respond to 4 MIDI channels, you'll see only 4 part slots on the left side of the GUI, while with the full blown TI-s you'll see 16 slots.
    Hope this helps!

• Ok so if I understand it correctly with the only 4 midi channels part, it means that in my sequencer (cubase), the snow can only have 4 channels (does this mean I can only have 4 different sounds at a time in one song? If so I can just sample the channels if I need more sounds in the mix from it).
    And let's say that I buy a couple patches for the snow, would the sound be identical to the TI-s, or would the TI-s sound thicker and bigger if you know what I mean:)

• does this mean I can only have 4 different sounds at a time in one song? If so I can just sample the channels if I need more sounds in the mix from it

Exactly.

And let's say that I buy a couple patches for the snow, would the sound be identical to the TI-s, or would the TI-s sound thicker and bigger if you know what I mean:)

It's the same sound engine, so the patches would sound the same. The difference in DSP power would make you encounter voice stealing (i.e. notes ending before their intended time), with less complex patches and MIDI arrangements. But here, again, you could isolate each MIDI track and sample it soloed, then mute or reuse it.
    BTW, the most important thing before buying a Virus is getting to know the USB setup on your computer - what ports, hubs and peripherals you already have, and what type they are. This is valuable information for the installation phase.