Virus TI Snow freezes/ problems!

• Maybe he gave a general response so that it is useful to other people reading this thread with similar problems and he did suggest returning it as it appeared faulty :>

Seriously dude, how does this concern you in any way? ^^ lol Where do you play any part in this? Let it be, its between me and Access music and I'm entitled to have my own opinion and nobody asked for yours so say something useful that is on topic or drop it and move on.

• Im happy much thanks to my retailers service and Jörg at Access Music. I have a unit that is stable even with both my USB HDD connected.

So MY message to any other user that might experience this after buying an Virus is just to go back with it directly and have it replaced.

Cheers

• Seriously dude, how does this concern you in any way? ^^ lol Where do you play any part in this? Let it be, its between me and Access music and I'm entitled to have my own opinion and nobody asked for yours so say something useful that is on topic or drop it and move on.

Sorry you're right it doesn't concern me but I just have this problem where if I see someone is being a douche, unreasonable or they have a seriously bad attitude I feel it's my duty to point it out to them.

Anyway you have a new virus and it works so congratulations and enjoy :D

• Sorry you're right it doesn't concern me but I just have this problem where if I see someone is being a douche, unreasonable or they have a seriously bad attitude I feel it's my duty to point it out to them.

Anyway you have a new virus and it works so congratulations and enjoy :D

Yea i know you have problems, you have made that very clear to me :thumbup:

Thanks

Have a nice weekend

• i had the same issue with my unit when i first got it. and the support was pretty much the same. i've done all this USB replacements, cable changes, PC OS reinstallation, Virus TI OS reinstallation even before they were telling me about this.. and the problem gone only after unit replacement.. in my case i had to wait for the replacement for one more month because i ordered my virus from the states to israel to save some cash but in the end i even spended more then if i would buy the unit in my country.

happy that everything is good for your now and you can enjoy the virus sound.

PS. now i'm pretty afraid to install the new Virus TI OS5.

• i had the same issue with my unit when i first got it. and the support was pretty much the same. i've done all this USB replacements, cable changes, PC OS reinstallation, Virus TI OS reinstallation even before they were telling me about this.. and the problem gone only after unit replacement.. in my case i had to wait for the replacement for one more month because i ordered my virus from the states to israel to save some cash but in the end i even spended more then if i would buy the unit in my country.

happy that everything is good for your now and you can enjoy the virus sound.

PS. now i'm pretty afraid to install the new Virus TI OS5.

Thats not good... I would think Access' quality control would be better on new products they send out.... maybe "most of us" were lucky?... :wacko: I work in a mass production electronics assembly factory in UK and as a quality control guy expect more!..to be honest.. OK! sure some get through the final inspection but after a long "soak test" of products, they should pass the test and off they go!.. but being a German company, i hope Access has better or if not, maintains its "long tradition!" of quality assurance???.. i always respected the Germans for their quality, as i work for a German Technical director who always bragged about the German ethics and ways of quality assurance and technical skills 8) he he... i love the German way, and their quality, and i must admit, i do have a soft spot for their quality, even though us British are overtaking them now... as a UK engineer, i feel we are taking their business because they are doing what the Greeks did,, "resting on their laurels" look where they ended up??... no offence intended, but raise the bar! get with it!... :thumbup:

• I womder if I can get mine replaced that I bought second hand?
    The Virus VST randomly just hangs saying 'starting up'.... but never starts - then it crashes Cubase.

It gets confused if you remove the plugin and then reload it. Even if I do this..

1) turn off Virus
    2) remove the plugin
    3) switch virus back on
    4) load plugin .........'starting up'.... forever derrrrrrrr

Whoever programmed this crap should be fired immediately.
    PLUS whoever mad ethe executive decision to use USB 1.0 .
    I mean seriously...???

• Hello,

Same thing for me with a brand new TI SNOW and after several hours of tests and I don' want to loose my time to describe it. In standalone mode and after reset it crashes anyway. Hope my speakers are not blowed up because thoses crashes were really really bad. I have been experiencing 2 HW problems with access synths : 1st a TI polar with a mainboard unit to be replaced and then a TI SNOW with a HW pb.
    Even if it sounds really good when it works...it is absolutely unacceptable from Access to deliver SHITTY materials.
    Will probably switch for DSI

• I had three brand new TI2 Desktops in a row crashing out of the box when playing various patches and the demo song (plus two had shipping damage due to poor factory packaging).

Sent them all back and got a used TI Desktop from eBay for $1000. I don't need the headache or the 25% more DSP. Saved myself $1300.

• Do you have another power supply you can run the Virus with? Anything ranging from 9 to 12V will work as long as it can provide 1A of current. 9V actually would be better because there's a voltage regulator inside the Virus that becomes very hot when supplied with 12V.

• Do you have another power supply you can run the Virus with? Anything ranging from 9 to 12V will work as long as it can provide 1A of current. 9V actually would be better because there's a voltage regulator inside the Virus that becomes very hot when supplied with 12V.

I tied with an elektron octatrack power supply and still same issue. Going to look for a 9v an test it. Thanks for the support