Osc2 sounding darker than Osc1?!?

• Hey guys,

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned somewhere of if I'm missing something, but could it be that the TI's OSC2 clearly has less high frequencies than OSC1? I loaded up an init patch, set the filter to split mode, turned pan spread fully clockwise and deactivated everything like analog boost, detuning etc. Now when playing around with osc balance (which pans the signal due to the split mode to make things more obvious), I hear a much duller sounding OSC2. I also checked it using a spectrum analyser and OSC2 has a much stronger roll-off in the high frequency range.
    Can this be changed? Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!
    Klaus

• The raw oscillator sound should be the same (with same oscillator parameters). Since the split mode routes different oscillators (incl. noise, sub and 3rd) into different filters, and the saturation module is only used on one of the signal paths, I suggest checking those: noise sub and 3rd oscillator, filter settings and saturation.

• Thanks for your reply, I checked all of those parameters and everything should be good - at least theoretically. By the way, it's the same situation when using other filtermodes, too. I only used the split mode to make it sound even clearer. Maybe any of you guys can check your oscillators, too? Or maybe I should upload my test patch ?!?

Best,
    Klaus

• Try using high-pass filters (fully open) instead. Using the OSC balance slider I could hear no difference between the two OSC's

• with the filter in split mode and saturation only affecting filter 1. can this be the source of the difference? anyone tried to reproduce the effect in ser4 mode?

The differences you are seeing may be (most likely) the random differences between notes (press a few one after the other strike a few). Routing both OSC's to the same filter and mixing between them shows no difference between the two OSC's.

While testing different configurations it appears that osc volume/saturation has no effect on the level of audio fed to filter 2 past 0 (so no ramping up saturation).

• The differences you are seeing may be (most likely) the random differences between notes (press a few one after the other strike a few). Routing both OSC's to the same filter and mixing between them shows no difference between the two OSC's.

While testing different configurations it appears that osc volume/saturation has no effect on the level of audio fed to filter 2 past 0 (so no ramping up saturation).

Not necessarily a bug and I don't know how long it's been like that. You can use it to layer the sound. With filter 2 not being affected by the saturation level you can push the saturation and layer a distorted filter 1 with a clean filter 2.

• I've contacted Access support regarding this problem - let's see what they have to say. I'll let you know.

Thanks!
    Best,
    Klaus

indeed klaus, let me know!!

still....when i turn off the unison, don't use the saturation and let the filter on ser 4, no detune.

Hold one note and move the osc 1/2 balance. Then there is still a little small difference,

what appears to be larger when the unison and the filters are going to use.

so if you know something, please let me know.

thanks

• Is the "analog boost" character set to 0? I know it injects inaccuracies into the sound on purpose.

jup, also with the analog out.
    I can tell you that I almost did not hear it.
    but with a spectrum analyzer I could see.
    and now I've seen it, I heard it.
    I also think that nothing will be done.
    it is almost impossible to hear it in complex sounds.

or you should really make a sound with unison pan sprd with 2 the same osc, then you will hear it.

• Ok guys, I got an official statement from Access and they say that he has been that way since the Virus A. Long story short: there IS a difference between the osciallators but it's NOT a bug.

Thanks for your help!
    Klaus

• Ok guys, I got an official statement from Access and they say that he has been that way since the Virus A. Long story short: there IS a difference between the osciallators but it's NOT a bug.

Thanks for your help!
    Klaus

klaus, I must say that you have good ears!

:D

and they do something about it??

do not think so!

but you also thanks for your info!!