OS 5.0.3.00 for Virus TI has been released

• Any gain for non-snow Virus'?

Have a stable VTi and not going to jeopardize it for something not noticeable :pinch:

Thx

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416

• I am on the last release (5.0.2.

01) and I appear to have a bug where certain parameter values do not increase/decrease sequentially. Can anyone confirm this and has this been fixed with 5.0.3?

For example if I increase the amp env sustain stage from 2.3% it will first read 3.9% (on VC and the Virus itself) and then 3.1%. It appears that the 5th and 6th values for any parameter that is measured in percent (have not tested all) are the wrong way round (do not know whether the values are actually switched around or if it is just displaying the wrong value).

• hi theredfox,

I tested what you described and it is still in 5.0.3.00!!

Thanks Guitarie. Also just upgraded and it's still there. No idea if the actual values are switched or just the ones that are displayed.

• Also , there has been a bug in the VST since day 1.

Transpose an instrument by double clicking and entering the value,
    kool.
    Works perfectly but now enter 0 to go back to zero...
    See what happens?

-64!! C'mon man...sloppy!

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416

• Press "o" instead of "0" and it goes to "off".. same as zero.. suppose.. i reckon the programmer got his "os" and "0s" mixed up he he.. but i agree stuff like this shouldnt be happening now... but maybe not a bug at all?.. O means off? zero is at the other end of the linear scale, ie: - 64 = zero, 128 = +64, however.. type in "64 and it goes to -64, and type in 63 and it goes to +63.. very odd behaviour... :thumbup:

• installed it and my virus TI snow still crashes every 2 minutes.

I'm on a Mac Mini 2012 quad core with everything setup right.

I know the snow is supposed to be weaker then the TI2 but this is ridiculous. can't even use the unison times 2 and then it even crashes!

I'm mainly using 1 note at the same time in my melodies so it's definitely not voices running out.

the thing just fucking decides to crash & make a horrible beeping noise every 2 minutes. like it has been doing since i bought it.

piece of crap hardware just like it's customer service which basically tells you ''it's you, not the machine''

• Press "o" instead of "0" and it goes to "off".. same as zero.. suppose.. i reckon the programmer got his "os" and "0s" mixed up he he.. but i agree stuff like this shouldnt be happening now... but maybe not a bug at all?.. O means off? zero is at the other end of the linear scale, ie: - 64 = zero, 128 = +64, however.. type in "64 and it goes to -64, and type in 63 and it goes to +63.. very odd behaviour... :thumbup:

Thx for the tip, going to try it out now... :P

But afa "Very odd behaviour", I'll stick with calling it sloppy...lol

Just checked it out...thats Crazy.

This should not be like this for a $2000 piece of gear that has been around for years. ^^

• installed it and my virus TI snow still crashes every 2 minutes.

I'm on a Mac Mini 2012 quad core with everything setup right.
    [...]
    piece of crap hardware just like it's customer service which basically tells you ''it's you, not the machine''

i doubt that customer service would say that. please post the case id so i can have a look. in any case, if your virus is crashing frequently, a hardware problem or damaged operating system is likely.
    marc

• Thanks Guitarie. Also just upgraded and it's still there. No idea if the actual values are switched or just the ones that are displayed.

The actual values are switch so it's not just a display error.

• that's not what our QA found. as far as we can see, it is only the display which shows the wrong value. i wonder what you do differently to us.
    best, marc

Having a second look you are right, sorry for the misinformation.