VIRUS NOT PLAYING BACK THROUGH ABLETON PROPERLY

• So, although on my most recent post, I talked about set up with a hardware sequencer....

I wanted to start playing around with the sequencer mode in Ableton, so to start buildig the songs/tunes the band has been writing. I am using USB - on a free port, this is only for the T12. I have my :cursing::cursing::cursing: rate to recomended setting of 128 buffer.

I am able to hear the sounds cming back through in Ableton, however, it desnt play clean, ie, it plays some of the patch on a note, but its almost like some of the sound is getting lost... The best comparison I can think of is like when your digi box on your television doesnt have good signal, and some of the picture glitches along with sound if this makes sense?

So I am hearing something play back at me, but it is not the same quality as if I would play live through speakers (Atall!)

I have live running on the focusrite saffire 6 USB interface.... The keyboard is going straight to my PC tower though via usb. I can't connect the TI2 to my interface via USB- Only Midi in/out ports!

Any ideas would be great?

:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

• What else is connected to your computer via USB? Are there any other available USB ports?
    Start the Device Manager (just type its name in the start menu search box), change to [View]->[Devices by connection], then expand the ACPI, PCI and USB items. Now see if the Saffire and Virus are listed under the same root hub, or maybe the Virus shares its hub with a different device. If so, try to find a connection configuration that isolates the Virus with its own root hub.
    Good luck!

• Not sure if this will help or not, but I got a similar thing with my Virus C and Ableton the other day. I later realized that the yellow overdub button was on (Ableton Live Lite 8 ) and as I was tweaking parameters on the Virus, it was recording these knob movements and playing the sounds, which in combination, did resemble a glitching t.v. set or something.

good luck with it!

• Cheers for the help guys.

So, yesterday, I did as you said in terms of the HUB routing- IT WORKED FINE!! I WAS VERY PLEASED :)

However... Today, I have loaded up again, as I wanted to play som more.. The problem is now worse???? I isolated the USB Hub again. I have also tried in th preference section of Ableton to change the MIDI sync set up, hardware set up in the Audio etc???

I don't eve hear anything more than a hiss/crackling noise when I play the synth?? I tried a reset pressing the ARP edit key as well?

I really don't know why this is happening? Was playing fine for about 3-4 hours yesterday and I didn't change anythng on the computer? The synth is working ok by itself into speakers too...

PLEASE HELP :( :( :|

• There are several options - it could be a faulty USB cable that starts misbehaving when you change its angle, or it could be some other SW that conflicts with the Virus, such as other drivers (maybe due to bugs), system power management, online messaging that uses a camera/sound source, etc.
    You also have the option to reduce VC's bandwidth by reducing the USB mode to 1 out / no in in the common page. Did you make sure that the Virus is the only thing that crackles, and other audio/plugin tracks don't?
    Hope this helps.

• will check other VST's and see if any other crackling etc.

The test should be setting up a project which uses a mixture of audio clips, VC and other plugins (I guess at least one of your projects is a good candidate), then playing the project, and listening for the crackle. When it starts, drag the volume sliders of the VC output channels down until they fade into the background (but not down to minus infinity dB) - make sure you've got the right channel(s) since it matters if you are using VC as 1-channel instrument, or using multitimbral MIDI and audio routing - I'm talking about the channels that send the actual audio return of VC into the mix. Now listen to hear if the crackle still exists.

• What else is connected to your computer via USB? Are there any other available USB ports?
    Start the Device Manager (just type its name in the start menu search box), change to [View]->[Devices by connection], then expand the ACPI, PCI and USB items. Now see if the Saffire and Virus are listed under the same root hub, or maybe the Virus shares its hub with a different device. If so, try to find a connection configuration that isolates the Virus with its own root hub.
    Good luck!

Interesting, I had similiar problems with my ableton and virus. Greets Chris