using env3 to drive distortion mix [solved]

• Yesterday I wanted to run distortion mix thru envelope3 to have the distortion kick in after the attack of the sound has already hit. I failed miserably. what I did:

* set mod matrix slot 5 source to envelope 3, amount to 0, destination to distortion mix.
    * set mod matrix slot 6 source to controller 14, amount to +63, destination to slot 5 amount 1
    * set soft knob 3 to controller 14.
    * distortion is set to some badass onion distortion, intensity is around 60%, mix is set to 0%
    * tried different values on attack, decay, sustain of envelope 3

I just couldn’t get it to work. It was like env3 wasn’t affecting anything at all. There’s probably a stupid mistake in there somewhere. Thx for any help.

ps: yes, I did turn soft knob 3 all the way up ^^. driving distortion mix directly yields in the expected results (though without the envelope).

• You cannot use a polyphonic source (envelopes are per voice) to modulate a monophonic parameter (all of the effects are monophonic (applied to every voice for that part). The envelopes still cannot be used even if the synth is in mono mode. Instead of using an envelope try one of the LFO's in envelope mode instead.

• You cannot use a polyphonic source (envelopes are per voice) to modulate a monophonic parameter (all of the effects are monophonic (applied to every voice for that part). The envelopes still cannot be used even if the synth is in mono mode. Instead of using an envelope try one of the LFO's in envelope mode instead.

thinking more about this, I wonder why this does not yield in any audible change. should, in his case, the envelope not result in a paraphonic modulation of the monophonic destination parameter, or at least some odd modulation result (like erratically jumping values)