Stadium synths

• Hi,

The amount of stadium-like synths in trance track nowadays is bigger than it was before. It is a fat, detuned and amazing sound. I need help making them, my synths sound too "supersaw" than the stadium synths should sound like. Can anybody help me on modulating these sounds?

Good examples:
    Sied van Riel - Audio 52
    Skytech - What's Wrong (Skytech Stadium Mix)
    Rick Mitchells - Sub Zero
    Armin van Buuren vs Markus Schulz - The Expedition (Orjan Nilsen Remix)

Thank you

• If you want replies, you may want to take the time and provide not only actual links but which synth in each song. :huh:

There are a bunch of different synth sounds and just posting a few titles isn't really going to get you much help..

Unless Flabberbob comes in...^^

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von theRoyal1 ()

• Things you can do to your supersaw (you can combine more than one):

• Put it through some filters. More than one cutoff/resonance/serial/parallel configuration can work.
    • Add delay and/or reverb.
    • Put each oscillator on a different octave (including sub and OSC3). When you play a chord with your right hand, play its root note a few octaves lower with your left hand.
    • Use the envelopes: you can create a pluck character with the filter envelope, or emphasize the attack by decreasing the sustain of the amplitude envelope.

Hope this helps.

• Sorry I didn't have the time to get all the links and paste them here as I was in class.
    I'll try numerous things, I think you must set the unison pretty low to get the fat sound of those stadium synths.

I might need a sine wave somewhere to make this work, the 2 other oscillators will most likely be saws.

Thanks to you 2 for your help!